German Shepherd/Pit Bull puppy advice, please.

Old September 3rd 04, 03:38 PM
Michael Hudson

Default German Shepherd/Pit Bull puppy advice, please.

I'm back for more free and immediate advice! The local humane society has a
litter of German Shepherd/Pit Bull (with maybe a dash of Husky, they say)
puppies and my son wants one. I'm the guy with the nine year old neutered
male Cairn. The pups are about 10 weeks old and HS says that they are of
good temperment. I've had one vet already warn me off this combo. He says
he's put two down Â* from good families, mind Â* this pas year alone, and even
if it weren't a mean dog, it would probably be too big (he said it could
possibly go 70-75 lbs) for Jack the Cairn to feel comfortable around.
Another vet says that if the HS's behaviorist gives them good marks, it'll
all be in the socialization-treatment of the dog. Personally, I'm wary.
Also, I've been given conflicting advice, sexwise. Some say if we bring in
a female, all will be ducky. Others say we want a male, as Jack will be
able to do the alpha thing early Â* before the dog got big enough to kick his
little Scottish butt Â* and then be drinking buddies later on.

What say ye, citizens? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Comments? Anyone?
Beuller?

Thanks very much,

Michael Hudson