Trainers and fighters

Old November 7th 03, 03:27 AM
Maxwelton

Default Trainers and fighters

I am always a bit disturbed when I see a segment on television
showing a ring for the purpose of illegal betting on dogs, busted.
The trainers are led away in cuffs and the fighters will
share the same fate or worse.
It's too bad these things happen but there is no one else
to blame but the trainers.
I recall watching an unsuspecting Lennox Lewis come under
attack by an outraged pit bull named Mike Tyson. Lewis had
apparently hiked his leg in a studio that Tyson had already
claimed earlier as his own. Tyson dug his teeth directly into
Lewis's leg before Lewis knew what happened. As Lewis began to
respond his trainers led him away by the collar as he whined
and struggled to bite back. Tyson stood at the edge of the boundary
barking loudly as Lewis was led away knowing he had forced him out of his
territory. I remember the look in his face, his eyes. Like so many
other pit bulls I had seen on TV his look was one
of hidden torment, a pained expression from lack of human compassion.
His eyes sunk back, his ears scarred from previous battles, he appeared
dejected. Of course we all know about him biting the ear off of
Holyfield prior to this. But now, like the rest of the dogs that did
what he did, he has no other life outside of the ring.
The trainers, bookies, and promoters have all made their money and
he is no longer of any use to them.
Seriously can he ever live a normal life? It is hard to say but perhaps
in the right company he can be like the rest of us. Of course he would
need to be neutered. Had he been neutered earlier he would have never
spent those years in jail in the early 1990's. There are good reasons
for such things. Maybe there is still hope. The trainers and promoters
are responsible.
Old November 7th 03, 01:51 PM
culprit

"Maxwelton" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Tyson is a cur, not a pit bull. get it straight. only thugs let curs like
that into the ring.

-kelly

Old November 9th 03, 02:28 PM
Maxwelton

"culprit" wrote in message ...
"Maxwelton" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Okay then perhaps he is a cur, but I would say his mix is a lot more
pit bull than boxer.