best attack plan for neglected urine spots on carpet?

Old December 4th 03, 05:09 PM
Kyler Laird

Default best attack plan for neglected urine spots on carpet?

Not long ago we replace the white(!) carpet in our house with a
commercial berber in gray (with flecks). It's *much* better at
hiding tracked-in dirt. It also hides pet stains.

Between our 4/3 dogs and those who visit, we've got some urine
spots that I know haven't been treated thoroughly. I could just
smell them before, but yesterday I got a UV flashlight and while
it was still dark this morning I tracked down the spots. (This
is great technology!)

So...now that I've located the areas, what do I do? My primary
concern is eliminating the smell (not stains). Should I just
douse the areas with Nature's Miracle? Will that solve it? If
I get it sufficiently soaked will the UV light no longer show
bright spots?

Thank you.

--kyler
Old December 4th 03, 05:23 PM
Suja

Kyler Laird wrote:

So...now that I've located the areas, what do I do? My primary
concern is eliminating the smell (not stains). Should I just
douse the areas with Nature's Miracle? Will that solve it? If
I get it sufficiently soaked will the UV light no longer show
bright spots?

I've only ever found one old urine stain, and it disappeared when I used
Nature's Miracle. It wasn't smelly, so I don't know about that, but the
stain itself was gone. And the next time I steam cleaned the carpet
(light colored carpets), I used Nature's Miracle in the cleaning solution.

Suja