Pets & Homelessness VS. Homeless Humans

Old December 11th 03, 09:42 PM
http://www.SpareSomeChange.com

Default Pets & Homelessness VS. Homeless Humans

I have read numerous articles here on this pet newsgroup about great
concerns regarding homeless animals. May I remind you that these
demestic pets were designed by nature to survive outside (fur to keep
warm, claws to dig to make shelter, speed to kill pray like mice,
killer instincts), unlike us humans who lost our fur about 75,000 year
ago and also decided to be civilized (no more murder to eat and no
more sleeping in trees).

Don't forget about our fellow humans, they need help too fighting
homelessness. There is almost as many homeless people (veterans, run
aways, mentally ill, abused) as there is homeless pets (dogs, cats,
etc).

Shouldn't we focus on our fellow humans first?

I am trying to do all I can (low income disability holds me back) with
what I have and I have been creating a powerful technology search
engine for homeless services ranging from finding food banks and
shelters to finding government places and programmes to help get
people off the streets.

My Homeless Search Engine on
http://www.SpareSomeChange.com/Search/Engine/ where you too can help
by submitting helpful links, get involved today!

Thanks for reading my homeless related rant, not meant to offend, just
draw attention!
http://www.sparesomechange.com
Old December 11th 03, 11:55 PM

On 11 Dec 2003 13:42:50 -0800 http://www.SpareSomeChange.com whittled these words:
I have read numerous articles here on this pet newsgroup about great
concerns regarding homeless animals.

Yes. That would be logical since that is the topic of the group.

May I remind you that these
demestic pets were designed by nature to survive outside (fur to keep
warm, claws to dig to make shelter, speed to kill pray like mice,
killer instincts), unlike us humans who lost our fur about 75,000 year
ago and also decided to be civilized (no more murder to eat and no
more sleeping in trees).

May I remind you that our domestic pets were designed by humans to serve
a variety of human needs and desires. Most domestic pets are unable
to provide for their own needs. The bodies and their instincts have
been changed by humans such that most cannot survive on their own. Many
can't keep warm because their
fur is insufficient for the job. Many have feet and toes that are
unable to dig much of anything, much less a shelter. Most would starve
long before they could catch and kill anything. Many have no killer
instinct and wouldn't know what to do with live food - that's one reason
they can live with us. I'm not sure that humans "decided" to be
civilized but a civilized human bears responsiblity for the creations of
civilization.

Don't forget about our fellow humans, they need help too fighting
homelessness.

Caring about domestic pets does not preclude caring about humans.

There is almost as many homeless people (veterans, run
aways, mentally ill, abused) as there is homeless pets (dogs, cats,
etc).

I'd like to see the statistics to bear that out. We kill between 2 and
10 million dogs and cats every year because they are homeless.

Shouldn't we focus on our fellow humans first?

No. It need not be either or.

I am trying to do all I can (low income disability holds me back) with
what I have and I have been creating a powerful technology search
engine for homeless services ranging from finding food banks and
shelters to finding government places and programmes to help get
people off the streets.

This is good.

My Homeless Search Engine on
http://www.SpareSomeChange.com/Search/Engine/ where you too can help
by submitting helpful links, get involved today!

Thanks for reading my homeless related rant, not meant to offend, just
draw attention!

Doing something productive such as you are is great. There is no need to
make it a competition. Scolding people for caring about homeless pets is
short-sighted. Your audience is people with compassion and ethics.
People created these animals, made them what they are, and now you
suggest that we should ignore the problems we've created for them? What
kind of ethics is that? If you want compassionate people for your cause
look for compassionate people, but don't alienate them.

http://www.sparesomechange.com