We have a small apartment in NYC.

Old December 14th 03, 10:36 PM
Rich

Default We have a small apartment in NYC.

We have a small apartment in NYC.
9 to 5 We would take the dog to a business which cares for dogs and has lots
of open space.
We need a dog that doesn't shed too much.
The dog should be house trained. Perhaps an older dog without excessive
energy?
I lean toward an older Labrador Retriever.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?!

Old December 15th 03, 04:09 AM
Sunni12

We have a small apartment in NYC.
9 to 5 We would take the dog to a business which cares for dogs and has lots
of open space.
We need a dog that doesn't shed too much.
The dog should be house trained. Perhaps an older dog without excessive
energy?
I lean toward an older Labrador Retriever.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?!

I'm biased, but if you do not have small children, I'd suggest a Pomeranian.
Mine loves kids, but at only 5lbs supervision is needed. They are small and
very loving and social. Most shed only once a year. They have great
personalities. And they never smell doggie - at least mine doesnt.

Your thought about adopting an adult is excellant no matter what breed you
choose.

-sunny
Old December 15th 03, 03:37 PM
Rich

Thanks for your input. 5lbs is really small!! I don't really want a "toy"
dog. I don't relate to them as well. Yes, we're sure that we want to adopt
an adult dog. BTW we have no small children at home anymore.

Old December 15th 03, 11:38 PM
Tracy Doyle

Rich wrote:

We have a small apartment in NYC.
9 to 5 We would take the dog to a business which cares for dogs and has lots
of open space.
We need a dog that doesn't shed too much.
The dog should be house trained. Perhaps an older dog without excessive
energy?
I lean toward an older Labrador Retriever.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?!

How about a nice Basset hound? Check for a Basset rescue - I'm sure they
have them in NYC. They do blow their coats a couple times a year, but
hey - what's a little vacuuming now and then? They're champion couch
potatoes, but they do enjoy a good romp every now and then.

:-)

Tracy

Pit bulls maul pet to death K Dog behavior 196 June 10th 04 06:38 PM
Good Apartment Dogs? gwytt Dog breeds 19 April 26th 04 03:18 AM
Good Apartment Dogs? gwytt Dog behavior 0 April 25th 04 02:56 AM
SUGGESTIONS for apartment dog Rich Dog rescue 52 December 16th 03 04:28 AM
Our Cocker's diet, failing weight due to small kidney John McNulty Dog health 2 November 24th 03 04:29 AM