Cross paws for Terri

Old September 15th 04, 04:02 PM
Paula

Default Cross paws for Terri

Terri and Co. are going to have to ride out the storm. In e-mail she
said:

"Well,it looks like the game plan has changed everybody.
Since Paul's boss wouldn't let him leave early,it's too late
for us to get out. It took him 3.5 hours and 1/2 tank of
gas to travel 30 miles last night on I12. That was without
the trailer weight. We figure the odds are high that if
we left last night, we'd probably run out of gas in between
gas stations that hadn't yet been depleted, and the stations
had started running out shortly after they announced the evacuation
of New Orleans around 10am. Had we been able to leave
when I was sent home, we might have made it.
Now we know we need a minimum of a 2 day window to safely
evacuate, but that's a moot point for this storm.

The good news is,the local stations think the worst we'll get
where we are, is tropical force winds of between 40-50 mph,
with gust of up to 70mph. I've been in winds that high in
Wyoming before, without the water though.

The plan is as befo When it's over we'll find a way to contact
Jeff and he'll contact Dara and you, Jewels,and Kevin.
*Jewels, please don't forget to let Kim know because her sister
who was supposed to come in on Saturday no doubt has had
her plane cancelled. I say "no doubt" because there's always
a chance for major stupidity down here as in they are still_charging
tolls on the Causeway for exiting New Orleans in that direction, if
you can believe it. (I see George over there nodding his head in
agreement.)

We should see the weather start to deteriorate around noon or so,
and we're moving the trailer next to the garage so if it tips it won't
smash into the house. We also plan on making a "mattress cave" for all
of us in the hallway which is the safest place to be that doesn't have
any windows. We'll be fine, I'm sure. I'll be talking to you all in a
few days. Take care."

--
Paula
"Imagine! The sky BLACK with Battletractors, and an eerie silence broken only by their incessant