Something wrong with Tok - he loves attention class

Old October 8th 04, 02:16 AM
Child

Default Something wrong with Tok - he loves attention class

I finally decided to accept that Toklat really isn't crazy about agility.
He does it for me, and I have to cheerlead and dance and "whoopeee" the
entire time we are on a course. And this is in practice in comfortable
places. It was just time to face facts: the amazing little athelete with
the best contacts in the state (quite literally - some of the top teachers
have said he has the best contacts they have ever seen), doesnt' want to do
agility. He probably could do okay, but he doesn't really enjoy it, and
that takes all of the fun out of it for me. After running him with the
cheerleading I am EXHAUSTED.

So we started in attention class. I decided to take the class because I
didn't feel motivated teaching him at home (i.e. I never did it). While i
find the class somewhat boring and repititious, Toklat ADORES it. Nothing
he loves more than staring at my face and eating, and thats what its all
about.

How am I ever going to learn to handle him without talking to him?