Tug Winning is everything!!!!!

Old October 2nd 04, 03:04 PM
Paul B

Default Tug Winning is everything!!!!!

I used to believe dogs played tug for the joy of tugging and the outcome
didn't matter, well I've changed my opinion, recently after playing full on
tug with Roz there is only one thing on her mind and thats to hold on longer
than me.
I decided to play tug with her in a battle of wills and strength, the only
rule was to hold on to your end of the tug toy and not let go, the first one
to let go loses and I can't change hands or use 2 hands. Well the game
began and there was no way Roz was letting go, oh another rule of the game
is no verbal intimidation so basically we were both hanging on trying to
wrench, tear, bluff or outfox the other into letting go but after 20 minutes
(yep 20) we were both still holding firm, Roz had laid down on her side and
let me drag her on the carpet a couple of times but she hung on firm, she
was only regaining strength because after a minute of this she'd get up and
start pulling again, my hand was really sore and tired and I was hardly able
to hold on by now, I was considering defeat but gave a last minute desparate
shake and pull catching Roz unawares, she momentarily loses grip and BINGO I
win!!!!!

Round 2 wasn't so fortunate, tonight I suffered a 10 minute defeat, for
whatever reason my heart just wasn't in it and Roz's determination wore me
out, 1 all.

round 3 coming soon.

Paul