Dog doesnt pee in my bed....

Old October 26th 04, 11:08 AM
Jade

Default Dog doesnt pee in my bed....

How far away from your bed is the ensuite? Perhaps she wants to be closer,
and keeping her in a crate next to the bed, where she can smell you and hear
you breath, and you could put your hand in to pat her if she wakes, might be
the answer. Our pup would wake and cry, more often than when she had to go
wee wees, so we shifted the crate to beside the bed where she could hear us
breath and where we could comfort her without getting out of the bed and she
slept half way through, and when she was old enough we just left her sleep
and she would last 8 hours.
Anyway, I think crating right next to the bed is best. Sleeping in the same
bed as you may create dominance issues later on. Also, if you don't desex
her she may bleed in your bed. Very foul. Also, my mother was a child and
took her puppy to bed with her. She slept deeply and rolled on it. It died
of suffocation. Very sad, but dogs, especially puppies, are best kept out of
your bed, but in your bedroom on the floor.
:0) GOODLUCK! It will all be worth it when she is trained.
Jade.

"Bobby B" wrote in message
So my puppy was waking me up every morning around 4am (I kept her in my
gated master bathroom). If I ignored her, she peed. I just assumed that
she woke up because she needed to pee, but she slept with some guests I

had
over one night who let her sleep in their bed, and she made it through the
night. Hmm....

So last night I let her sleep in my bed. I was miserable. She constantly
snuggled up next to me, and when I scooted over, she scooted over too. I
kept pushing her away, but she would eventually scoot over again.
Cute...yes, but I like to roll from side to side, and I couldn't do that.
Plus, every hour or so she got up, did a 360, and went back to bed.

The point of this story is, she didn't pee. In fact, I had trouble waking
her up, which I never experienced before. So I concluded that she peed
because she wakes up as opposed to waking up because she has to pee. And
she wakes up because she doesn't like sleeping alone.

But I don't want to sleep with my dog! But I don't want to keep walking

her
at 4am either. I thought about getting another dog so she has someone to
snuggle with, but that's a bit extreme. What should I do?

--

/\ /\
/ \/ |