hello fans, out on bail fresh outta jail, california dreamin...

Old October 8th 04, 03:48 AM
michael 3.0

Default hello fans, out on bail fresh outta jail, california dreamin...

Hello fans,

I quit my job in April to take a better one with higher pay.
But that only lasted a month. They gave me a new company car
but they wanted me to drive it too much, and I started living
the same rat race life that many of you live. Sorry, not
gonna be able to do it..

I didn't work for about three months, ran out of money
almost got evicted, then, when the pressure was on, I wrote
a cover letter bragging about myself the way I normally do
here. It got me the job, the cover letter alone. Now I'm
working on the IT staff for a 6,000 employee company with
offices all over the US.

Here's the problem. After only one single month of working
for them, (and thanks to a timely resignation of the top
networking guy) they already want to ship me out to Cali where
I will be THE West Coast IT guy with projected sales of $267
million in Cali alone.

Of course I know I can do it, and I have no fear and no
doubts in my mind that I will succeed. Besides, dog gurus
usually end up in either LA or NY, and I always figured
I'd end up in NY, just because it was close but now it
looks like I'm headed to metro LA (the exactabouts
of which I won't divulge...)

And you know what fans? I owe it all to the bike. The reason
I have so impressed my new company is because of the fact
that I don't spend all my money making automobile and oil
companies rich like most of you do, fans...

I spend my money on technology and by doing that, I am able
to take massive giant steps in self reinvention while most
people trudge along barely improving becasue they are so
busy paying for and being enslaved by all their STUFF
(more about that in my book).

There are people in the IT staff who have been there for
5, 10, 20, 30 years and I show up and wham blow everybody
away in a freakin month! There's gonna be a lot of jealousy
and envy.

I have been able to solve vexing and perplexing problems
which have sat unresolved for months and I feel no pressure,
never get angry or frustrated or lose my cool and I
exude the confidence and the attitude that there is not a
problem that I can't fix, cause I can do it, in the mix...
It drives some of them crazy that I never get flustered.

And I owe it all to the bike (and the money, energy, time
and mental and physical fitness it provides for me) as well
as the braggadocious cover letter that I wrote which won me
the job before the interviews even started.

When I get off
my bike, fans, I'm relaxed and calm and happy and my head is
clear. When people get out of their cars they are angry
and stressed and then it just piles up as the day goes on...

When my boss was talking me into the move, he wondered why
a guy my age rides a bike to work, and I told him it
was the secret to my success and briefly explained to him
why it was me he was begging to go to Cali and not
somebody else.

So anyway, fans, my only concerns are these.

I've got nothing keeping me from leaving. I have designed
my life for a moment like this. To be ready when
opportunity knocks or at least when I knock down the
damn door, which I have done.

My only concern, of course, is my dogs. They are talking
about flying me all over the west from Texas to Hawaii
to Oregon sometimes for week at a time... So, for the
first time in my life, I may need to invest in doggy day
care. But I will try to avoid that at all cost.

Or maybe I'll hire somebody like Malinda to watch them
after she gets laid off by Cisco and is begging for
money on the street...

Either that, or set up my remote sites so carefully that
I will never need to actually go to these places, and
that I can do all my work on pcs, servers and routers
remotely...

What I might have to do is go out there and get myself a
mail order bride or something and have her stay at home
and watch the dogs...

I don't know...

I won't put my dogs in a bad situation, though no
matter how good this opportunity is. I haven't officially
said yes yet, there is money to talk about and other stuff
but my boss knows that I will make him look good
and so do I, and of course they will pay for the whole
move if not my first, last and security.. and I
think I have to jump at this and things will work
themselves out.

Anyway, just thinking aloud here, fans,

not going to sign this because I don't want the company
to figure out who I am.

alright, that's all...

have a good night and let's all keep quiet about this,
shall we?

--
this is M
live....