Boston Terrier "Humping"

Old September 19th 04, 03:13 PM
LDRS News Glo

Default Boston Terrier "Humping"

I wrote a few weeks ago about my problem with my new 10 month old Boston
Terrier, who is now 11 months. The problem was he was "humping" my two Pugs.
It's subsided a lot. He does, however, still try to do it to dogs at the park.
I have him on a 15 ft. lead, so I can monitor his behavior. Is there any trick
to making him stop this unacceptable behavior? Again, he's MUCH better at home.
He gets a LOT more supervised time with the other Pugs and he's behaving for
longer periods of time. The squirt bottle works wonders with him. I can tell
he's going to be a great dog. I've had 3 Bostons in the past and I've never had
this problem. JJ is larger than most Bostons, he's 28 lbs and will probaby get
a little bit bigger, he'll fill out. He's handsome, he's extremely playful. If
he were the only dog in the house, he'd be a wonderful little guy. I believe
he's also trying to establish some "top dog" issues. One good thing is none of
them fight, they're all GREAT dogs. Two Pugs and a Boston is a handful, but
once JJ gets over this...um..."hump" he'll be great. Advice about the humping
in the park would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Gloria