Help! Mini-dachshund sneak pooper!

Old October 11th 04, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Default Help! Mini-dachshund sneak pooper!

Hello all. I'm hoping someone can offer some advice to keep me from
having to increase my blood pressure medication. We have a ten-month
old miniature dachshund who is half-housebroken. If I leash him to me
or lock him in a room with me he will sit by the door and bark if
necessary to be let out, and when I take him outside most of the time he
will go (both #1 and #2).

However if he has free roam of the house he will sneak off and poop
where no one is watching him! If he is let out of our sight even for
less than a minute he will run off and poop, and we know as soon as we
see him come trotting happily back into whatever room we are in that
he's left a present for us elsewhere. He seems to hold it and his
preference is as soon as he has a moment's freedom he will run off and
go somewhere in the house. Only if he is confined and has no choice
will he let us know to let him out.

How do we get him to the next step so that instead of sneaking off he
will let us know? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Aaron
(my email address for private replies is my name (5 letters above) plus
)