Group Project

Old November 15th 04, 05:09 PM
Julia Altshuler

Default Group Project

Y'all need an update. I put off sewing for a few days while I've been
battling a cold. It isn't that I'm so terribly sick, but I'm
unmotivated even to do things I enjoy and that you wouldn't think were
physically taxing.

Today I got the backing fabric in the mail. Jess, who lurks more than
posts, chose a wonderful puppy and baby oriented fabric for the back and
sent it to me. I'm feeling motivated again. cough, honk, snort

--Lia

Old November 15th 04, 05:35 PM
Gwen Watson

Julia Altshuler wrote:
Y'all need an update. I put off sewing for a few days while I've been
battling a cold. It isn't that I'm so terribly sick, but I'm
unmotivated even to do things I enjoy and that you wouldn't think were
physically taxing.

Today I got the backing fabric in the mail. Jess, who lurks more than
posts, chose a wonderful puppy and baby oriented fabric for the back and
sent it to me. I'm feeling motivated again. cough, honk, snort

--Lia

Wonderful. Have you completed all the blocks yet?

I sure hope you have an image before I am gone
Dec. 9. I am not sure if I will get to see
it, unless you were to send it to my other
email addy. Which you don't have.

Gwen

Old November 15th 04, 05:58 PM
Cate

Gwen Watson wrote in news:cnapdp$ank$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

I sure hope you have an image before I am gone
Dec. 9.

What'd I miss? Where are you going?

Cate
Old November 15th 04, 06:49 PM
Gwen Watson

Cate wrote:
Gwen Watson wrote in news:cnapdp$ank$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

I sure hope you have an image before I am gone
Dec. 9.

What'd I miss? Where are you going?

Cate

I don't know that I announced this other
than to Lia, privately when I sent my block
to her.

I just may not be online after the Dec. 9
when I have surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome.

I hoping for a new job, closer to home without
the stress.

Gwen

Old November 15th 04, 06:50 PM
Julia Altshuler

Gwen Watson wrote:

Wonderful. Have you completed all the blocks yet?

I sure hope you have an image before I am gone
Dec. 9. I am not sure if I will get to see
it, unless you were to send it to my other
email addy. Which you don't have.

Thirteen out of 16 blocks are complete. That's roughly where I was at
the last update and before I started working at the wine and cheese shop
and got (quite mildly) sick. I plan to be done before December 9th,
but, in keeping with the idea that this must be fun for me, I'm not
rushing myself. I think you did send me a home email address. I won't
check at the moment, but I will make sure you get images one way or
another-- even if that means snailing you some film shots.

--Lia

Old November 15th 04, 07:08 PM
Gwen Watson

Julia Altshuler wrote:

Gwen Watson wrote:

Wonderful. Have you completed all the blocks yet?

I sure hope you have an image before I am gone
Dec. 9. I am not sure if I will get to see
it, unless you were to send it to my other
email addy. Which you don't have.

Thirteen out of 16 blocks are complete. That's roughly where I was at
the last update and before I started working at the wine and cheese shop
and got (quite mildly) sick. I plan to be done before December 9th,
but, in keeping with the idea that this must be fun for me, I'm not
rushing myself. I think you did send me a home email address. I won't
check at the moment, but I will make sure you get images one way or
another-- even if that means snailing you some film shots.

--Lia

Thanks Lia. If you email me I can send you my
other email. That way you won't need to send
photos snail mail.

I can't wait to see this project.

BTW, you are right, no reason to rush
yourself. Besides creativity doesn't do
nearly as well when rushed. It is always
best to take your time when it comes to
that.

Gwen

Old November 15th 04, 07:26 PM
Rocky

Gwen Watson said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Now I am not so sure about how grand not being able to use
my right hand for 2 weeks is going to be.

I'm left handed - when I broke that hand I had to learn to do
all sorts of things with my right, including write. Don't
worry, you'll manage.

Old November 15th 04, 07:28 PM
Cate

Gwen Watson wrote in
:

Yes everyone I have talked to that have had the surgery said it was
grand. Now I am not so sure about how grand not being able to use
my right hand for 2 weeks is going to be.

That will suck, but after the first couple of days, you'll become much
more adept with your left. I'm an enormous klutz and often am using only
my left hand for all sorts of things. It'll work out somehow.

I haven't figured
out how I will blow dry my hair, or for that matter even put
it up or do anything with it's limp, thin self. And then
how do you put eye liner on with your left hand?

Speaking as someone who wears eyeliner roughly as often as there's a
lunar eclipse, can you just skip the eyeliner for a while? If you're a
not-without-my-makeup kind of gal, go for the minimalist look for a
while.

Oh things
I hadn't thought about until yesterday. I was thinking
great NO COOKING or HOUSEWORK, but I didn't give the other
things a thought, until yesterday. Even pulling up your pants
could be a bit hard with just one hand.

Pants are overrated anyway.

Sounds like this'll at least provide comic relief for someone, if not
for you.

Thanks Cate. I expect if I get a new job I won't be online much
anymore. Especially not newsgroups.

2005 will be a change because I am making it that way.

Well, there's more to life than Usenet. Good luck in whatever changes
you make.

Cate
Old November 15th 04, 08:10 PM
Gwen Watson

Rocky wrote:

Gwen Watson said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Now I am not so sure about how grand not being able to use
my right hand for 2 weeks is going to be.

I'm left handed - when I broke that hand I had to learn to do
all sorts of things with my right, including write. Don't
worry, you'll manage.

Matt I can write pretty well with my left hand.

But one can't use a blow dryer with just one hand.

And no I am not about to be seen in public without
makeup or a blow drying my hair. Yep I am vain to the max.
And besides it will be Christmas season and many
many parties to attend.

I can always decorate the hand for the season.

Gwen