re-crate training a little dog

Old November 15th 04, 07:07 PM
Liz

Default re-crate training a little dog

We have adopted a wonderful 8 mo. old mini schnauzer. She had a
brother the same age who was also adopted by another family. She seems
to be settling in byt we are running into one problem. She was crate
trained by always in her crate with her brother next to her in a
second crate. Now, when we put her into her crate she whines and cries
hysterically. We will want to keep her in her crate when we leave the
house for a duration of usually 1-4 hrs. a few times per week. Here's
what we've done so far. After a few days with us, we started putting
her into the crate for one half hour the first time and increasing
this time ea day. We were in the house but very, very quiet. She does
not stop crying. What else can we do to east this situation for her
and make her like her little home again? We keep her favorite toys in
there, her special blanket, and of course it's nice and clean and
warm. The crate is in our bedroom where we spend time with her in the
evenings. Many thanks for all suggestions. Liz
Old November 16th 04, 12:06 PM
Ruth

Liz: here are a couple of websites regarding crate-training:

http://www.siriusweb.com/AAD/crate.html

http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/cratetraining.htm

Ruth

When Someone Offers Dangerous Advice Marshall Dermer Dog behavior 988 December 18th 03 02:58 AM
Crate Training Nevyn Dog behavior 0 November 13th 03 02:28 AM
Crate Training Problem [Jeerry/ Miicheal] 1michael23 Dog breeds 0 August 25th 03 10:04 PM
Husky escape artist (THE JULIE ALTSHULER METHOD OF DOG TRAINING) 212micheal Dog breeds 0 August 25th 03 02:57 AM