dog clothes and cold question

Old November 22nd 04, 05:00 AM
MauiJNP

Default dog clothes and cold question

Ok, I was always one who thought dogs in clothes were cute but really silly.
But now, I have a 5 month old poodle who shares my bed with me (wouldn't
have it any other way). The problem is this, I sleep with my heat off and
windows open to let the cold in and Maui (my puppy) will not sleep under
the
covers like I do. I think it is too cold for him but I can't sleep with
the
windows closed. Should I get some doggy pjs for him to keep him warm?
Should I put him in a sweater to sleep? Or is he just fine with no extra
heat? Thanks for any help!

Old November 22nd 04, 05:44 AM
Rocky

MauiJNP said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I think it is too cold for him but I can't sleep with
the windows closed.

It's not too cold for him.

Old November 22nd 04, 06:17 AM
Emily Carroll/Fluttervale

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Ok, I was always one who thought dogs in clothes were cute but really

silly.
But now, I have a 5 month old poodle who shares my bed with me (wouldn't
have it any other way). The problem is this, I sleep with my heat off

and
windows open to let the cold in and Maui (my puppy) will not sleep under
the
covers like I do. I think it is too cold for him but I can't sleep with
the
windows closed. Should I get some doggy pjs for him to keep him warm?
Should I put him in a sweater to sleep? Or is he just fine with no extra
heat? Thanks for any help!

If he's cold, he'll get under the covers.

--
Emily Carroll
http://www.fluttervale.com/kennel - Fluttervale Labradors

Old November 22nd 04, 02:06 PM
Julia Altshuler

Remember the old joke about "I have to put on a sweater because my
mother is cold"? If your puppy is cold, he'll shiver or complain or get
under the covers or something. If he's sleeping through the night
peacefully, he's fine.

--Lia

Old November 24th 04, 03:10 AM
MauiJNP

"Emily Carroll/Fluttervale" wrote in message
m...

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Ok, I was always one who thought dogs in clothes were cute but really

silly.
But now, I have a 5 month old poodle who shares my bed with me (wouldn't
have it any other way). The problem is this, I sleep with my heat off

and
windows open to let the cold in and Maui (my puppy) will not sleep under
the
covers like I do. I think it is too cold for him but I can't sleep with
the
windows closed. Should I get some doggy pjs for him to keep him warm?
Should I put him in a sweater to sleep? Or is he just fine with no
extra
heat? Thanks for any help!

If he's cold, he'll get under the covers.

--

is he smart enough to know that he can be warmer under the covers and is he
oblivious?

Old November 24th 04, 04:17 AM
culprit

"MauiJNP" wrote in message

is he smart enough to know that he can be warmer under the covers and is
he oblivious?

trust me, if he wants under, he'll figure it out. :-)

-kelly

Old November 24th 04, 05:26 PM
Emily Carroll/Fluttervale

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. At least, I've had dogs that did. My others are Labs, so they don't
get as cold as easy.

Old November 25th 04, 01:26 AM
Wolf

please, its a dog, and its indoors, on carpet i guess, its not too cold
unless its below 55 in your house. in order to keep in comfortable, give it
a few fluffy blankets to lay on, it will stay warm enough. on the
otherhand, the pup will ike for you to put some loose fitting clothes on it
nightly, it will look forward to the attention, so if you really wanted to,
the pup should like it.

wolf