Dog puns

Old December 3rd 04, 01:52 PM
Julia Altshuler

Default Dog puns

For everyone on this group, "chocolate lab" means a particular variety
of brown dog with floppy ears, but someone else hearing it out of
context might picture Willy Wonka's laboratory where new sorts of
delectable candies are invented. Similarly, we all know that "boxers"
are dogs, but the unenlightened might think they were a style of men's
underwear. I'm collecting dog puns. What are others?

--Lia

Old December 3rd 04, 04:19 PM
Jess Knoch

Julia Altshuler wrote:
Similarly, we all know that "boxers"
are dogs, but the unenlightened might think they were a style of men's
underwear. I'm collecting dog puns. What are others?

I'm thinking something with "collie" as a sound-alike for "collar" or
"caller", but nothing specific. Oh, and "terrier" -- "terror."

These aren't really puns, just the very basic building blocks of puns but I
thought I'd share. Maybe spark somebody's imagination :-)

Jess

Old December 3rd 04, 05:52 PM
Frank Morris

Howdy All,
Some people ask me how many CCs my motorcycle is when I tell them I
have a Saluki :-)

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Old December 4th 04, 12:29 AM
Julia Altshuler

That's IT? Y'all can't come up with any better puns than THAT? C'mon,
I need puns. Surely you can do better than chocolate lab and boxers!
How about Collie-flower to get you started?

--Lia

Old December 4th 04, 03:22 AM
AMB

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:29:28 GMT, Julia Altshuler
wrote:

That's IT? Y'all can't come up with any better puns than THAT? C'mon,
I need puns. Surely you can do better than chocolate lab and boxers!
How about Collie-flower to get you started?

Well, if you're going to bark out an order like that, how do you
expect us to perform? These really are ruff....

Our beagle used to live in the Barkshires, if that helps.

There's always the old joke about raining cats and dogs ... (I know
because I just stepped in a poodle.)

Now will you stop hounding us??

Anne
Old December 4th 04, 07:39 PM
FurPaw

Leah wrote:

AMB wrote:
Well, if you're going to bark out an order like that, how do you
expect us to perform? These really are ruff....

Would you guys just cut the bull-shihtz?

Now that's a cross I'd like to see!

FurPaw

---
Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
It's A Dog's Life
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Get Healthy, Build Your Immune System, Lose Weight
http://www.re-vita.net/dfrntdrums

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

To reply, unleash the dog.