behavior and spray bottle

Old December 6th 04, 01:40 AM
MauiJNP

Default behavior and spray bottle

what's the best way to use this method? Do I just spray him when he's doing
something wrong? do I spray it in his mouth/face? thanks for any help.

Old December 8th 04, 06:10 AM
Emily Carroll/Fluttervale

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
what's the best way to use this method? Do I just spray him when he's

doing
something wrong? do I spray it in his mouth/face? thanks for any help.

You usually only use it for barking--though it does wonders for jumping up
too, as Rusty's breeder's children found out one hot summer day with squirt
guns. They spend 3 hours chasing the dog around the yard with the squirt
guns. The idea is to startle them by spraying it in their face.

It also works well for cats and biting, and I've found it to be
super-effective with the morning "FEED ME" routine. Especially when I'm not
out of bed when the yowling begins.

--
Emily Carroll
http://www.fluttervale.com/kennel - Fluttervale Labradors

Old December 8th 04, 01:59 PM
Fran Bragg

"Emily Carroll/Fluttervale" wrote in message
m...
"MauiJNP" wrote in message
[...]

I used to make a "ssss" noise, like a hiss through the teeth at the same
time I squirted the bottle. After only a few times, the cats associated
that noise with the squirt and I didn't have to worry about having the "gun"
on hand! After 14 years, my oldest cat still ducks her head and immediately
stops whatever she's doing when I make that noise! (After 14 years, she
shouldn't still be doing things she shouldn't though, huh! That's a cat for
ya!)

Fran