The cockerchow has a new heat pump

Old December 6th 04, 07:32 PM
ceb

Default The cockerchow has a new heat pump

Ouch.

I am requesting cute dog stories to cheer me up.

--Catherine
& Zoe the sadly impoverished but soon-to-be warm again cockerchow
Old December 7th 04, 12:28 AM
Judy

"ceb" wrote in message
Ouch.

I am requesting cute dog stories to cheer me up.

--Catherine
& Zoe the sadly impoverished but soon-to-be warm again cockerchow

Would you like to hear about how Spenser - after we converted to forced hot
air and a heat pump - took to barking down one of the registers? He still
does it once in a while.

Near as we can tell, it is always *just* before the heat turns on. We
figure he's cold and he thinks that's what starts the warm air?

What was the children's book about the dog who barked to make the sun come
up? I've looked for it a couple of times but no one at Barnes and Noble (or
even an elementary librarian) seems to remember it. It might have been one
of the Harry books?

~~Judy
(who loves, loves, loves her heat pump. Especially every month, year round,
when the electric bill comes. And every fall when I'm *not* doing
firewood.)

Old December 7th 04, 02:04 AM
Spot

LOL................Judy, that was a good chuckle.

I used to have a cat who weighed in at 22 lbs and in my living room there
was only 1 forced hot air vent. Guess who hogged the vent and you'd have to
chase him off it or else you'd freeze. He was in his glory when I moved to
an apartment with hot water radiators. I swear he never moved off them in
the winter except to eat and use his litter box.

Celeste

Old December 7th 04, 02:46 PM
ceb

"Judy" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
Ouch.

I am requesting cute dog stories to cheer me up.

--Catherine
& Zoe the sadly impoverished but soon-to-be warm again cockerchow

Would you like to hear about how Spenser - after we converted to
forced hot air and a heat pump - took to barking down one of the
registers? He still does it once in a while.

Near as we can tell, it is always *just* before the heat turns on. We
figure he's cold and he thinks that's what starts the warm air?

That's funny! Spenser rules.

What was the children's book about the dog who barked to make the sun
come up? I've looked for it a couple of times but no one at Barnes
and Noble (or even an elementary librarian) seems to remember it. It
might have been one of the Harry books?

I don't know this one.

~~Judy
(who loves, loves, loves her heat pump. Especially every month, year
round, when the electric bill comes. And every fall when I'm *not*
doing firewood.)

It will be nice to have a new, reliable, more efficient heat pump, that's
for sure. I should save on electric bills too.

Thanks for your note!

--Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old December 7th 04, 08:17 PM
Susan Fraser

I am requesting cute dog stories to cheer me up.

Here's a SheBop story ;-
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...enews/id9.html

Hope you're already warm again (we durn near made it into the 80's in South
Louisiana yesterday using only "solar" power...)

Susan Fraser, owned and trained by
BeBop a Lu SheBop SH
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong CD MH
and Gris-Gris Gumbo YaYa
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...densinthenews/
Old December 7th 04, 08:43 PM
ceb

og (Susan Fraser) wrote in
:

Here's a SheBop story ;-
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...enews/id9.html

That is funny! And scary... but mostly funny! Thanks for the link.

Hope you're already warm again (we durn near made it into the 80's in
South Louisiana yesterday using only "solar" power...)

We are having the dreariest of days here in central Virginia but it has not
been too cold yet. The heat pump installation is a 2-day project so they
are finishing up today and have promised me heat by tonight. Zoe and
Rosalie (the cat) are apparently tolerating the tromping around of the HVAC
guys (who I think took Zoe outside on her leash yesterday, which was nice
of them).

--Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old December 7th 04, 09:03 PM
KWBrown

og (Susan Fraser) wrote in
:

Here's a SheBop story ;-
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...enews/id9.html

Oh, Susan! That is *priceless*!

Thank you so much for sharing.

I'll eventually get the cookie crumbs out of my keyboard, I'm sure. :-)

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old December 7th 04, 10:21 PM
Gwen Watson

Susan Fraser wrote:

I am requesting cute dog stories to cheer me up.

Here's a SheBop story ;-
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...enews/id9.html

Great story. I wish I could have seen that kodak moment.

Did anyone get any photos of this incident? It seems
like a waste if no one did manage too. Even though
the occurance at the time was not suppose to happen.
It's those things in life that make one smile.

Gwen

Old December 7th 04, 10:55 PM
Susan Fraser

Did anyone get any photos of this incident? It seems
like a waste if no one did manage too.

No, it is amazing how few pictures I have of field work, considering how much
time I have spent there.

Of course if you factor in the grit in the wind and the mud on the cold wet
fingers and dirty dogs shaking and stinky birds pooping and plowing thru swamp
and bouncing over rutted roads perched on the back rack of a four-wheeler
driven by Buba-the-lab-trainer, which although hell on the butt is better than
standing for hours up to your knees in stagnant water holding a rotting dead
duck swarming with flies as the sun cooks your neck and ants crawl up your
crotch...

I'm sorry, what was the question again?
;-

Here's a good picture of Shammie holding a duck, though:
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...2OK9s/id8.html

Someday, I'll get around to putting some more pictures up... (she says as she
procrastinates studying for her final the day after tomorrow)

Old December 8th 04, 02:19 PM
Gwen Watson

Susan Fraser wrote:
Did anyone get any photos of this incident? It seems
like a waste if no one did manage too.

No, it is amazing how few pictures I have of field work, considering how much
time I have spent there.

Darn that was a real kodak moment. Does Shammie remember the trick?

Of course if you factor in the grit in the wind and the mud on the cold wet
fingers and dirty dogs shaking and stinky birds pooping and plowing thru swamp
and bouncing over rutted roads perched on the back rack of a four-wheeler
driven by Buba-the-lab-trainer, which although hell on the butt is better than
standing for hours up to your knees in stagnant water holding a rotting dead
duck swarming with flies as the sun cooks your neck and ants crawl up your
crotch...

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

LOL
;-

Here's a good picture of Shammie holding a duck, though:
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...2OK9s/id8.html

Someday, I'll get around to putting some more pictures up... (she says as she
procrastinates studying for her final the day after tomorrow)

It's a great photo Susan. She's a beautiful girl.

Susan Fraser, owned and trained by
BeBop a Lu SheBop SH
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong CD MH
and Gris-Gris Gumbo YaYa
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...densinthenews/

Gwen

Return of the cockerchow ceb Dog behavior 0 September 22nd 04 08:05 PM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 144 January 27th 04 03:15 PM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 08:04 AM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 08:04 AM
heat exhaustion culprit Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 08:04 AM