Thanks to Susan F...

Old December 10th 04, 11:56 AM
Bethgsd

Default Thanks to Susan F...

Melanie,
Are you going to be home in NoVA this weekend? If so, email me privatly and I
can bring you 6 unopened pounds of dinner rounds.
Beth
Old December 11th 04, 11:01 PM
Susan Fraser

It remains to be seen whether the novelty [of using Cesar small dog food as a
training treat] wears off.

Hasn't for mine. And I even "water it down" by mixing Lesser Treats into almost
empty tubs. It's kinda Pavlovian - all they need is to catch sight of the tub
on my person for me to have their undivided attention!

I don't know if you use targets at all, but after Solo is truly hooked, try
using the empty tubs as targets - WOW! Talk about building speed!

I'm doing my best
not to read the ingredients label.

On another list where this specific crack-for-dogs (love it!) was discussed, a
vet chimed in that actually it's not too bad, as commercial dog foods go. (And
we all know how very much vets know about nutrition [sic])

Susan Fraser, owned and trained by
BeBop a Lu SheBop SH
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong CD MH **
and Gris-Gris Gumbo YaYa
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinch...densinthenews/
Old December 12th 04, 11:57 PM
Bethgsd

Susan wrote:

I'm doing my best
not to read the ingredients label.

On another list where this specific crack-for-dogs (love it!) was discussed,
vet chimed in that actually it's not too bad, as commercial dog foods go.
(And
we all know how very much vets know about nutrition [sic])

Compared to the Old Roy dinner rounds it can't be too bad. Melanie, I got a
glimpse of the ingredient label and be thankful our paths didn't cross this
weekend. You probably could never have brought yourself to use them. Have you
tried the Red Barn dog food? It is like Rollover and I get it from White Dog
Bone for $7 for a big roll.
Congrats on Solo's good agility day!

Beth

Ping: Susan Fraser Marie Dog behavior 0 September 13th 04 05:05 PM
[ANN] Tuesday, November 10th WWBLive! meets Susan Isaacs chat at 7:00 pm pacific/10:00 pm eastern USA Tesseract Dogs - general 0 November 10th 03 08:48 AM
[ANN] Tuesday, November 10th WWBLive! meets Susan Isaacs, Dog trainer chat at 7:00 pm pacific/10:00 pm eastern USA Tesseract Dog behavior 0 November 10th 03 08:44 AM