Dognapping Case Ends With A Happy Reunion

Old December 11th 04, 10:08 PM

Default Dognapping Case Ends With A Happy Reunion

Dognapping Case Ends With A Happy Reunion With
Help From News On 6 Viewers

Christmas has come a little early for
some Tulsa dog lovers. Their puppy
was recently stolen, literally dog
napped. But thanks to some quick
thinking Channel 6 viewers, they have
their puppy back.

Earlier this week, News on 6 anchor
Lori Fullbright ran a story on dog
napping in the Tulsa area. A woman
says she was walking her dog in
midtown Tulsa, when four men drove
up, jumped out of the car, stole her
dog, and drove off.

Thursday night, some young viewers who
saw the story spotted the puppy near
81st and Memorial. Shae and Cameron
Mortazavi recognized the dog and with
the help of their dad tried to get the
dog back to its owner. " I was very
excited to see my kids do something
like that and I rushed home and said
let's call Channel 6 and let's see
what we need to do to get it back to it's
owner."

Boyfriend of the dog’s owner Drew Cantrell:
"I'm just so happy to have her back,
such a relief to us. We were so worried
we weren't going to get her back. We're
just so happy to have her back now."

The dog was a little hungry, but other
than that in good shape. Drew Cantrell
told the News on 6, he was nervous the
whole drive over to meet the Mortazavi's,
because he didn't want it to be the wrong
dog. When he saw the cropped ears, he
knew it was her.

The 10-week old puppy's name is Nina
and we're happy to report Nina is
back with her original owners.
-----------------------------------

DOG'S PHOTO AT:
http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storie...age=1&id=74064
Old December 13th 04, 03:00 AM
Aimee Nicole Schantz

wrote in message
Dognapping Case Ends With A Happy Reunion With
Help From News On 6 Viewers

Christmas has come a little early for
some Tulsa dog lovers. Their puppy
was recently stolen, literally dog
napped. But thanks to some quick
thinking Channel 6 viewers, they have
their puppy back.

That's a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

This is something I worry about. Too many thugs are VERY interested in my
dogs, especially Grant. I swear every creepy person in a 2 mile radius is
drawn to him somehow. A friend in my city had her SBT stolen right out of
her home. Now we have the pointy nosed thing to guard the pit bulls. LOL

Aimee Nicole Schantz
Brando the APBT
Grant the AmStaf
Harry the Malinois