AKC Registration - Benefit or Not?

Old June 29th 04, 04:35 PM
Wendy6896

Default AKC Registration - Benefit or Not?

Is there any benefit to registering a dog with the AKC? We have a brand
new German Shorthair Pointer pup who I could register but I don't know if
there is any reason to since we intend on having him neutered so there
will be no breeding in his future. He is just going to be a family
member.

I am just curious.

Old June 29th 04, 11:19 PM
Jo Wolf

The value of AKC registering a purebred is mainly linked to breeding or
competition for titles in conformation(regular dog shows), obedience
trials, agility trials, hunting tests, tracking trials, field trials
offered by AKC. All of these activities except conformation and
breeding are open to the registered, but neutered, dog.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia