Bichon Freise

Old July 8th 04, 06:59 AM
St. George

Default Bichon Freise

Hi,

New to this Newsgroup.

We have recently inherited a two year old male BichonFreise.

We would like to know more about the breed - behaviour, habits, illnesses
etc.

We would also be interested in mating him - excellent pedigree.
Location West Country UK

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

Len - Weston-SUPER-Mare

Old July 8th 04, 08:03 AM
Sue

Bichon frise are a lovely breed but need a lot of coat work & it's amazing
how many of my clients got theirs as an adult dog!
I'm sure these people will be able to help you
http://members.lycos.co.uk/sbfba/index.htm ,
http://www.fionavar.freeserve.co.uk/ but before you think of mating him you
need to get him in coat, get him shown & there are official health checks
that need doing.

Standard advice is never breed from a pet dog!

Sue

Old July 8th 04, 09:02 PM
St. George

Thanks Sue for the link and advice. Much appreciated.

Happpppy Everythings.

Old July 9th 04, 05:30 AM
St. George

Sue,

Further to last evening's reply.
Have looked at the links you suggested and find very useful - will absorb.

Thank you again for your time and advice.

Len, Weston-SUPER-Mare.

Old July 9th 04, 05:40 AM
St. George

Dear Just Molly,

Further to last evening's reply.

Yes, we have read books, Yes he has mated successfully.
We were not thinking of mating him for massive profits.
However for people who are on a low budget, who could not afford or even
care about champion breeds, would like a Bichon then maybe, just maybe, our
dog could provide an answer.
Also there is nature to consider, think of the pleasure that both male and
female Bichons could have.
Or maybe you wouldn't appreciate this point.

It appears that your outlook on life, both human and canine, could be
different to the majority.

Hap, Hap, Happpppppppppy Everythings.

Len, Weston-SUPER-Mare.

Old July 9th 04, 06:17 AM
St. George

Thank You

"dejablues" wrote in message

Dogs don't think like humans. Mating for them is not about pleasure, but
about following their biological urges. Please have your boy neutered, he
will be much happier, and you will not have as many behavior problems to
deal with. There are already enough unwanted dogs in the world.
Bichons are very long-lived little dogs, if you want your boy to be

healthy
and happy for the next 15 years, have him neutered!

Old July 9th 04, 07:38 AM
Cin

If you use your dog at stud, he will get smelly, cock his leg in your

home,
and want to fight other male dogs. Why do you think breedrs don't keep

stud
dogs in the house?

Really?

I have never heard any of this before?

I havea 10month old Bull Terrier, yes... champ lines, father is Aust. Champ
and so are a few others (cant think of what relation right now) and he is a
show dog (19 points, i know not many..but we have only been able to go to a
few shows)

And he will be used as a stud (actually not my choice, the breeder made sure
he went to someone who would let him use him as a stud)

and i never knew any of the above.
Is this in all cases? Why does it make them want to fight?

Cin

Bichon eLists Jack Ferman Dog breeds 0 December 21st 04 02:58 AM
Bichon who poops occasionally in the house V Crenshaw Dog behavior 4 October 15th 03 06:25 AM
Bichon who poops occasionally in the house V Crenshaw Dog behavior 0 October 15th 03 02:16 AM