Miniature Dalmation

Old July 8th 04, 06:42 PM
noob23

Default Miniature Dalmation

I recently got a puppy and was told that the mother was a Jack Russell
Terrier and the father is a Miniature Dalmation.

I have scoured the web for info on mini dalmations, but can't find
anything.

Does anybody out there have any info on this breed? I was told by the
vet that it is a legit breed, but not a recognized breed.

If anyone has any info, please send it along...better yet, please send
any web sites that have info in this breed. Thanks!

Rob
Feel free to email me:
Old July 8th 04, 07:47 PM
Maggie Gyumolcs

I was curious so I went to Ask Jeves and found this web site. It isn't much
but it proves that it is a breed. http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/

m...

Old July 8th 04, 07:58 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Maggie Gyumolcs" wrote in
link.net:

I was curious so I went to Ask Jeves and found this web site. It isn't
much but it proves that it is a breed.
http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/

Ummm no. Doesn't prove that it is a breed. All it proves is that there is
someone out there who is breeding small dalmations to small dalmations in
an attempt to create teeny tiny dalmations.

Marcel
Old July 8th 04, 08:57 PM
Heather Morrison

"noob23" wrote in message
m...
I recently got a puppy and was told that the mother was a Jack Russell
Terrier and the father is a Miniature Dalmation.

I have scoured the web for info on mini dalmations, but can't find
anything.

Does anybody out there have any info on this breed? I was told by the
vet that it is a legit breed, but not a recognized breed.

If anyone has any info, please send it along...better yet, please send
any web sites that have info in this breed. Thanks!

Rob
Feel free to email me:

Good Gawd! What a combination...that would be one hyper energetic determined
dog! I hope you work out regularly!! *G*.

I did find this site:
http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/ but these look
nothing like a Jack cross.

I would be getting your dog into flyball as fast as you can.

Good Luck!

HeatherM

Old July 9th 04, 01:59 AM

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:47:53 GMT Maggie Gyumolcs whittled these words:
I was curious so I went to Ask Jeves and found this web site. It isn't much
but it proves that it is a breed. http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/

No, it doesn't do that. It shows someone is breeding dogs and calling
them miniature dalmatians. But there is no indication that these dogs
will breed true, nor that there is any standard to breed toward. This
site is particularly yucky in the description of the breeding program.
It sounds very much like to dogs are treated as livestock rather than
companion animals. And boy, talk about over priced! At least if what
they are breeding is *healthy.* Many actual purebreds are in that price
range precisely because they are NOT healthy. And thus it takes quite a
bit to get a healthy litter on the ground and to the ready to rehome
stage. Virtually all of the high priced purebreds are high priced
because of medical problems, small litters and similar impediments.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old July 9th 04, 02:35 AM
Heather Morrison

wrote in message ...
Many actual purebreds are in that price
range precisely because they are NOT healthy. And thus it takes quite a
bit to get a healthy litter on the ground and to the ready to rehome
stage. Virtually all of the high priced purebreds are high priced
because of medical problems, small litters and similar impediments.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
http://dogplay.com/Shop/

I don't believe all high priced purebreds are high priced because of
impediments etc.

Some high priced purebreds are highpriced because of careful breeding and a
committment to healthy great temperment puppies and rarity of breed. Also,
supply and demand.

I agree with you on that Dalmation site. It seemed a bit off track. American
Breeding Club? Anyway..just my two cents...

toodles

HeatherM

Old July 10th 04, 10:51 AM
Jo Wolf

Definitely this is not a "breed". It's undersize Dals with all their
inherent medical and behavioral problems.... probably magnified because
of a small gene pool selected for abnormally small size. This guy is
just trying to get rich quick.

Let's see... bladder stones (uroliths), deafness... hip dysplasia....
hyperactivity... low training potential.

Take what you have been told with a grain of salt. Dad was possibly
just a small Dal.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Miniature Pincher Bob Dog breeds 2 September 9th 04 01:54 PM
Rescued Miniature Pinscher chasing cats Messalina Dog behavior 0 July 21st 04 09:35 PM
Help with a Miniature Pinscher Magic Dog behavior 14 December 9th 03 02:59 AM
Help with a Miniature Pinscher Magic Dog behavior 0 December 6th 03 05:29 AM
Where to get a dachshund or miniature schnauzer in the UK (London area)? bluecalx Dog breeds 1 October 13th 03 04:42 PM