bidabone (?) for my German Shepherd puppy

Old July 9th 04, 03:32 AM
Andrew S.

Default bidabone (?) for my German Shepherd puppy

my wife and I recently bought a German Shepherd puppy. She is female
and very sweet but she is teething and has been chewing on everything
that doesn't move (and some things that do!). Our dog trainer told us
to buy her a Bidobone (not sure if I spelled it right). Has anyone
here heard of such a thing and know where I can get one? I looked on
the Fosters & Smith website but don't see anything that resembles the
name there.

Thanks in advance
Old July 10th 04, 10:26 PM
Sionnach

"Andrew S." wrote:
Our dog trainer told us
to buy her a Bidobone (not sure if I spelled it right). Has anyone
here heard of such a thing and know where I can get one?

I think your trainer probably meant "Booda" bone- full name "Booda
Velvets"; they're chew bones made with corn starch, polymers, and glycerin.
I will caution, though, that the only time I tried one- several years ago-
it gave my dog diarrhea.

Old July 11th 04, 01:45 AM
Natalie Rigertas

In rec.pets.dogs.breeds Sionnach wrote:

I think your trainer probably meant "Booda" bone- full name "Booda
Velvets"; they're chew bones made with corn starch, polymers, and glycerin.
I will caution, though, that the only time I tried one- several years ago-
it gave my dog diarrhea.

"Booda Bones" are those cotton yarn toys, that are twisted into ropes, to
make pull toys and "floss" the dogs' teeth. Not something that you can
leave out all the time (because of the risk of the dog shredding it and
choking on the threads, or swalloing the threads and having it get stuck
and make a section of the intestine die if it gets snagged and cuts off
the blood supply. The new actual chew toys have names other than "bones"
because they wasted the name on a rope toy ;-)

natalie

--

The turtle lives twixt plated decks
Which practically conceal its sex.

Old July 11th 04, 03:24 AM
Sionnach

"Just Mel" wrote in message
booda is a brand name, and I have found they make lots of toys of all

types.

Yup, Booda makes a variety of dog and cat products- the cornstarch chewy
bones & chips, rope tug toys, nubbly squeekies, bouncy squeekies, goofy
plush banana toys (a favorite in this household G) litter boxes &
litterbox accessories... a long list.
However, given that this is a teething puppy, I suspect the trainer meant
the hard bone-shaped edible chewies - offical brand name "Booda Velvets" or
"Booda Bimples"- rather than the rope toys.

Old July 11th 04, 05:38 PM
Sharon

Hi, Andrew
I have three dogs, a German Shepherd slightly smaller than an SUV, a
miniature poodle, and a GK (God knows) dog. My dog trainer recommended
freezing marrow bones (uncooked) and my dogs love them. No mess, either.
Sharon
om...