Bully Sticks... Natural Dog Treat

Old December 24th 04, 05:42 AM
BillKirch

Default Bully Sticks... Natural Dog Treat

I don't buy stuff from people who
advertise on Usenet for several reasons: 1) these are
discussion groups, not advertising fora, and if everybody
who had something to sell brought it here the newsgroups
would be unusable

###############
This is a newsgroup is about dogs. Dogs chew bully sticks..they sell bully
sticks.. it all relates. If you don't want to buy something or read about
it...then don't. I personally don't mind reading about products that I might be
interested in. Don't ellme what I can or cannot see. BG
Old December 24th 04, 12:24 PM

BillKirch wrote:
This is a newsgroup is about dogs.

It's a discussion newsgroup, and "for sale" ads are
inappropriate. And even if you're the sort of person who is
glad when telemarketers call ("Hi! I'd *love* an AbMaster
3000! Tell me more!!"), not only are the ads inappropriate
for Usenet, they're often scams or from companies that can't
actually deliver product.

Imaginary stock returns don't offset real benefit cuts
Old December 24th 04, 05:46 PM
diannes

BillKirch wrote:
This is a newsgroup is about dogs. Dogs chew bully sticks..they
sell bully sticks.. it all relates.

:-) You don't understand much about Usenet, do you.
It's pretty silly to walk into a newsgroup and define
for everybody what the group's about - that's actually
set at the time the group is created. The charter for
this group is as follows:

rec.pets.dogs.behavior
This group is for the discussion of typical behavioral
problems with dogs. Examples include but are not limited
to: digging, barking, aggressive behavior, housetraining,
crate training, etc. Also appropriate is discussion of
"why" dogs behave as they do and how to work with that
to eliminate some behaviors and reinforce others.
(source: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/dogs-faq/introduction/)

Granted, discussions frequently do go off-topic here -
a not-uncommon phenomenon on Usenet. But to answer to
the question of whether ads for chew toys are on-topic
or not, all you need to do is to consult the group's
charter to see that they're not.

HTH,

Dianne