What to do when an aggressive dog approaches you and your dogs

Old December 25th 04, 04:40 PM
P-Funk

Default What to do when an aggressive dog approaches you and your dogs

We have some land that we take all of our dogs to to let them run in an
open "safer" environment. The problem is two Pit Bulls (way
mishandled) live across the street from our land. Even though we play
up to 25 acres away from them. They will still come on our land and
attack our dogs. They have already ripped two of our dogs legs to the
point where immidiate medical attention was called for. Any suggestion
on how to keep these pesky dogs from killing my dogs?
Pfunk

Old December 25th 04, 05:18 PM
P-Funk

but I am against guns of anykind

Old December 25th 04, 06:03 PM

In article .com,
P-Funk wrote:
but I am against guns of anykind

Any reason in particular you haven't talked to Animal
Control or the sheriff?

The dollar has been falling for three years yet the
trade deficit has increased by 60%
Old December 25th 04, 06:08 PM
P-Funk

In the great state of Alabama, they have to not be controlling the dogs
enough to warrant thier removal.

Old December 25th 04, 06:09 PM
P-Funk

i've thought about a salt pelter

Old December 25th 04, 06:28 PM
P-Funk

what about a salt pelter....keep 'em off, no permanent damage done

Old December 25th 04, 06:35 PM
Michael A. Ball

On 25 Dec 2004 08:40:30 -0800, "P-Funk" wrote:

We have some land that we take all of our dogs to let them run in an
open "safer" environment. The problem is two Pit Bulls (way
mishandled) live across the street from our land. Even though we play
up to 25 acres away from them. They will still come on our land and
attack our dogs. They have already ripped two of our dogs legs to the
point where immediate medical attention was called for. Any suggestion
on how to keep these pesky dogs from killing my dogs?
Pfunk

Diddy recommended a gun, which seems like the obvious, and perfect
response, IMO. I'll make it even clearer: deadly force. By that, I mean
don't shoot to frighten the pit bulls or even injure them: shoot to
kill.

Be it pit bull, chihuahua, even chow chow [the breed I adore most], if
it comes on my property to cause harm, it will be met with the level of
force necessary to neutralize the threat--including deadly force.

Don't bother warning your neighbors, because the safety of their dogs
[or anyone else's] does not matter to them.

I don't hate pit bulls and I'm not a violent person, but I'm not going
to tolerate someone else's animals invading my property and harming my
family.

Michael
Zildjian: world class cymbal of excellence.
Old December 25th 04, 06:37 PM
Julia Altshuler

P-Funk wrote:
We have some land that we take all of our dogs to to let them run in an
open "safer" environment. The problem is two Pit Bulls (way
mishandled) live across the street from our land. Even though we play
up to 25 acres away from them. They will still come on our land and
attack our dogs. They have already ripped two of our dogs legs to the
point where immidiate medical attention was called for. Any suggestion
on how to keep these pesky dogs from killing my dogs?

Fence.
Animal control officers to enforce existing laws.
Sue for damages.

--Lia

Old December 25th 04, 06:40 PM
Michael A. Ball

On 25 Dec 2004 09:18:45 -0800, "P-Funk" wrote:

but I am against guns of anykind

Houston, we have problem.
Zildjian: world class cymbal of excellence.
Old December 25th 04, 07:13 PM
P-Funk

thank you for some saner advice