Brilliant Observation on Shock Fences/collars

Old December 25th 04, 06:22 PM

Default Brilliant Observation on Shock Fences/collars

Hey guys,
I live in a neighborhood that believes 100% in the use of either
electric fences and/or electric shock collars. My dogs are the
fortunate few that are not forced to wear these demon devices. Here is
my first example on just how aggressive the fence method is:
Take Jack, a Giant Schnauzer down the street. When he came to the
neighborhood, any person, dog, animal could approach him and be
recieved with love. Now when you and/or your dog/s walk past his
shocking fence area, he does nothing but try to lure something inside
so that he can rip it's throat out. Remember this was not an
aggressive dog before.
Take Charlie, a registered Golden Retriever (non-aggressive breed
understood?). He would not have attacked anything or anybody before
being forced to live inside an electric hell. Now even his people are
scared of him becuase he will (for no apparent reason) lunge with his
K9's aiming for thier throats.

These devices are from the devil himself. To make a docil,
non-aggressive dog defesive and on attack mode; this must surely be
manufactured by the money greedy (not dog savy) people of this great
nation. On to manual shock collars:

Take Mannie, a shepard/lab. She had no bad faults except
mishandleing. Her people got a shock collar to zap her every time she
peed in the house (during or even up to 2 hours later). Mannie died
from bladder cancer because she would not pee in or out of the house
any more. It took a while so I'm sure it was slow and painful.

Please do not use these devices without trying simple non-violent
approachs. If you feel the need to do it anyway, think of your dog's
sanity and mental/physical help.

Pfunk

Old December 29th 04, 03:53 AM
culprit

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

weird, my pit bulls are totally non-aggressive, and welcome any stranger
with wagging tails. and they live inside an invisible fence system.

maybe it worked backwards on them because they're such a vicious breed?

-kelly

Old January 5th 05, 04:25 PM
Quapaw V

We have our fence hotwired to keep the dogs from climbing out (it's a 2 acre
yard, btw). They've all been zapped a few times...they now respect the fence.
shrug
:-)
Rondo Farms, Home of Rambo the Wonder Horse
Old January 5th 05, 08:30 PM
Margaret

I looked into the 'invisible fence' option a few years ago and decided
against it for my place. People who had used it said it was a training
device, not a quick solution. They said they would not turn it on unless
they were there to watch the dog and turn it off if things went wrong. One
had had a dog blunder out and then get shocked when he tried to come back in
the yard; apparently the system doesn't know which way the animal is going.

If used carefully the system might be good in some circumstances; or perhaps
there are better designs now.

Margaret

On 25 Dec 2004 09:22:29 -0800, wrote:

Hey guys,
I live in a neighborhood that believes 100% in the use of either
electric fences and/or electric shock collars. simple non-violent