Looking for breeder referrals...

Old December 30th 04, 06:15 AM
Hi-D

Default Looking for breeder referrals...

I Live in Sacramento, CA and am currently looking for a Shih-Tzu puppy.
I have spoken to a few "breeders" and the two who currently have
puppies rubbed me the wrong way. One seemed over anxious to sell the
puppies and told me over and over again how all Shih-tzu's have issues
with undershots and missing teeth. The woman didn't have the mother and
father available for me to look at, and she receives her puppies from a
breeder in CO, which made me wonder about them possibly being from a
puppy mill. Another said that she didn't have papers on the puppy but
assured me he was a pure pup. Then the woman wanted the same amount as
a papered dog, for a puppy without papers. She had just sold a tiny
little girl, who "shouldn't jump off the bed because she might break
something" to a woman for $1500. I don't think it is very responsible
to breed a dog so small that it is unhealthy and possibly at risk of
serious injury. All I want is a happy, healthy, good-tempered little
girl. If anyone knows of a good breeder in CA, any
information/referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks