shih tzu mania

Old December 30th 04, 02:51 PM
albert travis

Default shih tzu mania

Hi folks!
I'm new to this group so I want to introduce myself. I am in Northeast
Tennessee. We have 13 (yes that's right) 13 shih tzus ranging in age from 2
to 9 years. 4 females, and 9 males. We are in the process of getting them
all neutered. All females are spayed and 4 of the males are neutered. They
are very entertaining to watch.
We have 2 females that are litter mates. They appear to be jealous of
each other. We leave the house to go to the grocery store and come back and
they fight like mad. Why?? and what can we do about it?
Al

Old December 30th 04, 02:55 PM
Tee

"albert travis" wrote in message
news
Hi folks!
I'm new to this group so I want to introduce myself. I am in Northeast
Tennessee. We have 13 (yes that's right) 13 shih tzus ranging in age from
2
to 9 years. 4 females, and 9 males. We are in the process of getting them
all neutered. All females are spayed and 4 of the males are neutered. They
are very entertaining to watch.
We have 2 females that are litter mates. They appear to be jealous of
each other. We leave the house to go to the grocery store and come back
and
they fight like mad. Why?? and what can we do about it?

You may have answered your own question. Its possible that both are fairly
dominant in nature and both seek your immediate attention which causes a
problem. I've had a couple of foster Boxers do the same. Whenever we came
home, if together, we each took a dog. If one person came home then one
would be let out of her crate first, get attention, then the other.
Otherwise they'd both be vying for attention and would start fighting
shortly after.

--
Tara

Old December 30th 04, 07:24 PM
Jessica Benko

Littermates have more of a tendency to be jealous or dominant over the other
because they've always had each other. If you do certain activities or
training sessions with them, you would lessen th tension by keeping these 2
separate from each other during these sessions. This way they learn to
depend on YOU instead of each other. This in no way guarantees anything, but
it certainly helps them understand that you are the boss.

~J

Old January 1st 05, 11:36 AM
hotkey

not jealous, just sorting out the pecking order in the pack
while you are there, there is no problem: u r the boss
if u dont like it, keep them separated during your absence