Animal Planet's 'Pet Star' Seeks New Talent

Old July 24th 03, 10:31 PM
Nomdeplume

Default Animal Planet's 'Pet Star' Seeks New Talent

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:18:55 GMT, "ANC Webmaster"
wrote:

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth on this show
I enjoyed most episodes and I think the right dog won.

However, I WAS dismayed that the dancing Golden Retriever (lepisode 2
maybe?) did not make it to the finals. I thought she was much better
than the dog that DID go on. I think she should be given another
chance.
Anybody else with me on this????
Off my soapbox now. (Not my breed, BTW)

Sara D.

http://www.anc.org/pets/pets_article...3_0724_talents

Animal Planet is cable television talent show featuring animals who perform
tricks for cash prizes, recently issued an open audition call for animals
take part in its second season.

Animal News Center Webmaster

Old July 30th 03, 06:35 AM
Nomdeplume

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:14:37 GMT, Agilpwd wrote:

Nomdeplume wrote in
:

However, I WAS dismayed that the dancing Golden Retriever (lepisode 2
maybe?) did not make it to the finals. I thought she was much better
than the dog that DID go on. I think she should be given another
chance.
Anybody else with me on this????
Off my soapbox now. (Not my breed, BTW)

I assume this was Carolyn Scott and Rookie? I just had the great pleasure
of hosting Carolyn for a weekend seminar in Ohio, and she is delightful!
She showed us the clip from the show. I didn’t see what beat her, but I
can’t imagine… I love to watch her and Rookie!

That name seems right! What a dog.
SD

Old July 31st 03, 01:21 AM
Robin

"Agilpwd" wrote in message
. 50...
I assume this was Carolyn Scott and Rookie? I just had the great pleasure
of hosting Carolyn for a weekend seminar in Ohio, and she is delightful!
She showed us the clip from the show. I didn't see what beat her, but I
can't imagine. I love to watch her and Rookie!

The dog that beat her was Skidboot, and rightfully so. He was AMAZING! I
first saw him on the Discovery Channel. His owner is so in tune with him it
is almost scary. He can get down on the floor with him, and the dog will
perfectly mirror his every motion, as he is moving. On the show he put a
toy on the floor and instructed Skidboot on how to approach it. Take a step,
half a step, don't put that foot down, take a step back, O.K. now you can
touch it, but you can't have it, you can have it when I say three. Then he
began to count in a very monotone voice, skipped three and went on to other
numbers, and when he finally said three in the exact same tone of voice he
used on the rest of the numbers, Skidboot was all over the toy. If ANY dog
had beaten Skidboot, I'd of had to said it was fixed.

Robin

Old August 6th 03, 07:20 AM

[...]

yes, that was a truly amazing performance