OK: Several Animals Killed By Pack Of Dogs

Old January 1st 05, 08:31 PM

Default OK: Several Animals Killed By Pack Of Dogs

Several Animals Killed By Pack Of Dogs In Northern
Tulsa County

Friday December 31, 2004 5:46pm
Reporter: Nicole Burgin
Posted By: Kevin King

Owasso - Dog owners in northern Tulsa County are
on alert after several animals have been killed and
others mauled in the past few days. And, the
residents feel action is not coming fast enough.
They're armed with shotguns to fight off what they
call a pack of wild dogs. But, we learned the likely
attackers aren't that wild after all.

Bill Kauffman showed us where he thinks a pack of
dogs got inside his fence.

"There's a hole in the fence behind this block here
and we surmise they came in from here," he says.

They attacked three of his dogs, killing two.

"Vicious is the only thing I can describe,"
he says. "Because they didn't eat what they
killed they just killed it for the pleasure
of killing it."

'Fronz' died in the front yard. 'Tiny' was
able to get to the back of the house before
dying. The little rat terrier was almost
decapitated, but was still alive when he
came to the back door.

"It's rough," says Dee Kauffman. "It's
really rough to go through. You don't
expect to come home and find two dogs
dead and tore up so bad."

It's hard for Dee to talk about. But,
she's not alone. 'Brown' is still here.
And, at a moment when Dee needs some
loving, he's right there. But, this
isn't the only family affected.

The pack of dogs broke through another
fence, attacking one of Jan Fisher's dogs.

"I've walked to my shed with my shotgun,"
Fisher says. "It's been like a prison in
your home."

Some of the dogs attacked are recovering at
a local vet. And, the dog owners think they
know where the problem is coming from. An
animal control officer for the county believes
the pack dogs have gotten out of this fence.

We spoke to the owner of the property who
is not currently living here. He admits he
had 21 dogs at one time. Today, we counted
only eight. But, there's something else we
found -- several places along the fence
where the dogs have gotten out in the past.

Law enforcement caught two of the dogs
attacking another dog and shot them on the spot.

As far as the owner of those 21 dogs,
we're told he is not breaking any laws
by having so many animals in the country.
And, once he knew about the problem, he
is cooperating.

The animal control officer says there
isn't any criminal action to be done.
It's now a civil issue.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1204/197545.html
Old January 4th 05, 06:07 AM
Wolf

before you said they are not wild, i had already assumed what you have on
your hands is a pack of wild FERAL dogs. of course they are not coyotes or
wolves. First try trap them, make sure its a humane trap, you may trap one
of your dogs or neighbors dogs. You better darn well make sure its feral
dogs that are doing the attacking and make sure you have POSITIVELY
indentified them. You may need to hunt them down. I wouldnt waive the
shotgun around too many times you might shoot the wrong dog. Sure the
shotgun is always the cool thing in oklahoma, but everheard of shot spray?
pull out the ole 22 rifle with some snakeshot, that wont even so much as
skin em a bit, but will sure keep them away if they know whats good for
them. shoot em right in the ass! dont hit their eyes whatever you do! You
could always call the dog pound to come and pick them up and put them
through the tortoureous constraining then putting to sleep, then tossing
into their freezer for a few months or years, where they will eventuall be
incenerated. I wouldnt do that tho.

wolf