Doggles?

Old January 4th 05, 10:10 PM
FurPaw

Default Doggles?

Oppie has taken up the hobby of rabbit-scenting. We've been allowing
him off leash in an area that has a lot of scrubby brush and juniper,
and he runs around like a fool with his nose to the ground, trying to
pick up the scent of a rabbit.

In the past week, he has scratched each of his eyes and is now getting
medication to help them heal. I don't want to deprive him of this
new-found pleasure; I want to get him some eye protection.

I've seen "Doggles" on a couple of web sites. Has anyone used these, or
any other type of doggie goggles? Comments pro or con?

Thanks!

FurPaw
--
I see no reason to reply to anything typed above 90 decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog
Old January 5th 05, 06:23 AM
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

You will certainly have to get him used to wearing them.My friend has a
convertable and her cocker wears doggles when the top is down.
Good for you for not wanting to stop his fun!

--
Carol J
Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC

Old January 5th 05, 03:30 PM
Cate

"Cocker Spaniel Rescue of BC" wrote
in news:5RKCd.700922$nl.329066@pd7tw3no:

I've seen "Doggles" on a couple of web sites. Has anyone used these,
or any other type of doggie goggles? Comments pro or con?

[Piggybacking 'cause I didn't get the OP.]

If you do try them, please report back. I'd love to know myself.

I haven't used them but have been interested for a while, and will likely
buy some in the coming months. Orson's sight is getting noticeably worse
now, and he's bumping into things a lot more often--including brush, like
Oppie. I'm increasingly concerned about his rupturing an eye, and some kind
of barrier like Doggles or a hoop (http://www.pepedog.com/vests.htm) is
probably in our near future.

Cate