Potty Training Regression

Old January 5th 05, 06:29 PM

Default Potty Training Regression

I'm the proud dad of Annie, a 1 year old sheltie. She's been potty
trained more-or-less for the past six months. We went out of town for
a week over the holidays and she stayed at a relative's house. She
didn't have any accidents the whole time she was there, but in the week
that we've been back, she's been having accidents all over the house.
What's the best way to correct this? I'll put her in the backyard for
20-30 minutes, she'll run around, come inside, and pee on the carpet.
Is it back to the crate?

Old January 19th 05, 03:00 AM
Leah

I'll put her in the backyard for
20-30 minutes, she'll run around, come inside, and pee on the carpet.
Is it back to the crate?

Yea, it's kind of back to square one. Many dogs do regress after a big change.
The good news is that it shouldn't take as long for her to get back on track
as it did to potty train her.

However, when a housebroken dog starts to have accidents, the very first thing
you want to do is rule out a urinary tract infection. So first take her to a
vet. Then get the crate back out.

---
Family Dog Trainer
"It's A Dog's Life"
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Get Healthy, Build Your Immune System, Lose Weight
http://www.re-vita.net/dfrntdrums