I had a dream

Old January 6th 05, 04:16 AM
On This Day of 2005

Default I had a dream

I had a dream I climbed down 300 feet by rope into a steep, rocky valley,
with a raging river running thru it. There was no sun. It was cold and I was
alone. And I had no strength to pull myself up. So I thought I would lay
down to die. It would have taken weeks to die of hunger and cold. Then I
heard barking and I saw tales wagging. Leaping, bounding and barking their
way across the rocks were two dogs, a white Lab and black Lab. They came up
to me and said hello. They then led me out of the valley and onto a white
sand beach, with warm ocean surf and warm summer sunshine. There in the sun
and surf we played in the ocean water and became warm again. Then, I woke
up.

Old January 6th 05, 02:28 PM
Mark Shaw

On This Day of 2005 wrote:
I had a dream I climbed down 300 feet by rope into a steep, rocky valley,
with a raging river running thru it. There was no sun. It was cold and I was
alone. And I had no strength to pull myself up. So I thought I would lay
down to die. It would have taken weeks to die of hunger and cold. Then I
heard barking and I saw tales wagging. Leaping, bounding and barking their
way across the rocks were two dogs, a white Lab and black Lab. They came up
to me and said hello. They then led me out of the valley and onto a white
sand beach, with warm ocean surf and warm summer sunshine. There in the sun
and surf we played in the ocean water and became warm again. Then, I woke
up.

That's pretty cool, but what's a "white lab?"

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
Old January 6th 05, 08:09 PM
Cate

Mark Shaw wrote in news:crjedq$31b$1
@reader1.panix.com:

hat's pretty cool, but what's a "white lab?"

Aw, go easy. I often have dreams of things that don't exist. Like when my
house in Baltimore is somehow also a pirate ship at sea. Or when I labor
and give birth to a stuffed bear and name it Hector, whereupon it says
'Hola!'

Cate
Old January 6th 05, 08:13 PM
Mark Shaw

Cate wrote:
Mark Shaw wrote in news:crjedq$31b$1
@reader1.panix.com:

hat's pretty cool, but what's a "white lab?"

Aw, go easy. I often have dreams of things that don't exist. Like when my
house in Baltimore is somehow also a pirate ship at sea. Or when I labor
and give birth to a stuffed bear and name it Hector, whereupon it says
'Hola!'

Wow, what kind of indigestion do you have to have to experience a
dream like that?

Old January 6th 05, 08:27 PM
Cate

Mark Shaw wrote in news:crk2lg$b80$1
@reader1.panix.com:

Wow, what kind of indigestion do you have to have to experience a
dream like that?

Close. It's spicy food that does it. And since I love spicy food, I'm
constantly having wacko dreams like that. Either that, or I make up wacko
songs while I'm sleeping. A couple of years ago I came up with 'We're gonna
dance and sing... with cowboy joy.' Too bad you can't hear me singing the
melody--it's a real winner. g

Cate

Old January 6th 05, 08:44 PM
On This Day of 2005

http://www.retrieverworld.com/white_...eld2_450px.jpg
http://www.essexanimalclinic.com/white%20lab.jpg
http://comp.uark.edu/~tlriley/webpage/jmandmaddox.jpg
http://pics.hoobly.com/thumbs/OD3VV8F9HYTK.jpg
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/TUKVDNIM7ROJ.jpg

Old January 6th 05, 08:54 PM
On This Day of 2005

"Suja" wrote in message
On This Day of 2005 wrote:
http://www.retrieverworld.com/white_...eld2_450px.jpg
http://www.essexanimalclinic.com/white%20lab.jpg
http://comp.uark.edu/~tlriley/webpage/jmandmaddox.jpg
http://pics.hoobly.com/thumbs/OD3VV8F9HYTK.jpg
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/TUKVDNIM7ROJ.jpg

From the AKC Breed Standard:

Color
The Labrador Retriever coat colors are black, yellow and chocolate. Any
other color or a combination of colors is a disqualification....
Yellow--Yellows may range in color from fox-red to light cream, with
variations in shading on the ears, back, and underparts of the dog.

The so-called "white lab" is still technically a yellow lab. "White" is
not an acceptable color in the breed.

Suja

That's OK. The dog in my dream was white. And so he/she shall remain as
such, with wagging tale and great attitude.

Old January 11th 05, 02:04 PM
caroline

"On This Day of 2005" wrote
I had a dream I climbed down 300 feet by rope into a steep, rocky valley,
with a raging river running thru it. There was no sun. It was cold and I
was alone. And I had no strength to pull myself up. So I thought I would
lay down to die. It would have taken weeks to die of hunger and cold.

Actually, no. AFAIK it would only take a few days without water...

Old January 11th 05, 02:43 PM
caroline

"diddy" wrote
in thread : "caroline"
whittled the following words:

"On This Day of 2005" wrote
I had a dream I climbed down 300 feet by rope into a steep, rocky
valley, with a raging river running thru it. There was no sun. It was
cold and I was alone. And I had no strength to pull myself up. So I
thought I would lay down to die. It would have taken weeks to die of
hunger and cold.

Actually, no. AFAIK it would only take a few days without water...

He had water. Unless a raging river is something else.

Doh...missed that bit ;o)