OT - Group Project - sending photos

Old January 10th 05, 04:28 PM
Julia Altshuler

Default OT - Group Project - sending photos

I've just sent Diane a photo of her block in the dog quilt, and judging
by the amount of time it took to send it, I'm guessing that that much
data might mess up those of you who don't have high speed Internet
access. Would y'all mind sending me a note (with Group Project in the
subject line) letting me know if you'd like me to email you a photo of
your block? I'm thinking that otherwise I'm going to get a bunch of
notes telling me that I hung your computers for 45 minutes.

--Lia

Old January 10th 05, 04:59 PM
Suja

KWBrown wrote:

Has Matt offered you some of his webspace for the group project photos?

Certainly sounded that way.

It
might be easier if you just posted them to the web somewhere and sent links
to the photos to their creators. It won't eat more of your bandwidth and
will give folks some discretion about when and where they pull the photos
down.

Lia wanted individual contributors to see how their squares turned out,
but not have access to pictures of the entire quilt or other people's
contributions until after Marcel and Gen had seen the quilt. The idea
is for Matt to not reveal the URL to the quilt pictures until Marcel
gives word that it is okay. That's what I remember of the Grand Master
Plan, anyway.

Suja
Old January 10th 05, 05:00 PM
KWBrown

Suja wrote in news:spyEd.9060$Tf5.6684@lakeread03:

Lia wanted individual contributors to see how their squares turned out,
but not have access to pictures of the entire quilt or other people's
contributions until after Marcel and Gen had seen the quilt. The idea
is for Matt to not reveal the URL to the quilt pictures until Marcel
gives word that it is okay. That's what I remember of the Grand Master
Plan, anyway.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

I think The Plan would work if the URLs for individual squares were
released to their creators but not linked to or from anything else until
the Great Unveiling.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old January 10th 05, 05:21 PM
Julia Altshuler

KWBrown wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhh.

I think The Plan would work if the URLs for individual squares were
released to their creators but not linked to or from anything else until
the Great Unveiling.

Suja's assessment of the master plan is correct. Any participant who
wishes to see her own block before everyone else does should let me know
that her computer is set up to receive the large amount of data. It
takes my computer more than a minute to send. Everyone else and those
with patience may wait for Matt to receive the quilt, photograph it and
post the URL. The URL posting will happen after the quilt has been sent
on to Marcel.

There's another option. I have some film photos that I can put in the
snail if you'd like.

--Lia

Old January 10th 05, 05:58 PM
Rocky

Suja said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Lia wanted individual contributors to see how their squares
turned out, but not have access to pictures of the entire
quilt or other people's contributions until after Marcel
and Gen had seen the quilt. The idea is for Matt to not
reveal the URL to the quilt pictures until Marcel gives
word that it is okay. That's what I remember of the Grand
Master Plan, anyway.

Yup, but it would be easy to provide semi-secure URLs for
individual quilt blocks.

Old January 10th 05, 06:18 PM
Rocky

Suja said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Note to self: Next time, go with the brighter
color; this one looks washed out.

I'll Photoshop it, just to make you feel better about yourself.

Always helpful,
Old January 10th 05, 06:18 PM
Suja

Rocky wrote:

Yup, but it would be easy to provide semi-secure URLs for
individual quilt blocks.

Oh yeah, but it would mean more work for you, and I wouldn't want to
volunteer *your* services.

'sides, I got my pic, so I'm happy. From what I can see, the quilt must
look quite Mahvelous. Note to self: Next time, go with the brighter

Old January 10th 05, 06:31 PM
Julia Altshuler

Suja wrote:

'sides, I got my pic, so I'm happy. From what I can see, the quilt must
look quite Mahvelous. Note to self: Next time, go with the brighter
color; this one looks washed out.

You bring up some good points:

1.) One reason I'm going through the extra step of sending to Matt and
letting him photograph as opposed to sending the photos to Matt is that
I believe he's a better photographer. In reality, no one's artwork
looks washed out. The lightness of the light blue fabric stands out
though there are brighter and darker fabrics surrounding it.

2.) All of y'all: Keep your knees crossed. I'm not making any more
group project baby quilts for a while. My next project is a quilt for
my brother and new sister-in-law (married 2 weeks ago). After that, I'm
making a 51st wedding anniversary quilt for my parents. There are quilt
shows to enter too. I'll be busy.

--Lia

Old January 10th 05, 06:46 PM
Suja

Rocky wrote:

I'll Photoshop it, just to make you feel better about yourself.

Thanks for the "concern", Matt. It's okay, 'cause I know that I did
good for someone who can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Suja