Yup, this is what I was afraid of.....

Old January 14th 05, 02:36 AM
Tara

Default Yup, this is what I was afraid of.....

http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

Yuck

Tara
Old January 14th 05, 02:38 AM
culprit

"Tara" wrote in message
http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

(tara... that is a satire page. i don't think the article is real)

-kelly

Old January 14th 05, 02:42 AM
Tara

culprit wrote:

(tara... that is a satire page. i don't think the article is real)

Thanks kelly.

I must have left my sense of humor (and my wits) at about the same time
I missed both breakfast AND lunch. Sorry guys. Let's just all pretend
that didn't just happen, ok?

Tara
Old January 14th 05, 05:12 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:36:13 GMT Tara whittled these words:
http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

Believe it or not I believe this is a very good thing! Why? Because the
sooner that hapens and the more publicity it gets the better the chances
are that people will get real with regard to what cloining can and can't
do. This is a far far better result for cats everywhere than if the
person had announced complete and estatic success. So from my end --
hooray for this earlier failure.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old January 14th 05, 05:16 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:36:13 GMT Tara whittled these words:
http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

Oh this part of the story was priceless
"But asked to comment in general about Lindstrom's allegations in the
lawsuit, he said, "If someone came to us with the problems you describe, I
would probably first suggest they buy a copy of The Idiot's Guide to
Raising a Kitten and study it carefully."

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old January 14th 05, 05:22 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:42:59 GMT Tara whittled these words:
culprit wrote:

(tara... that is a satire page. i don't think the article is real)

Thanks kelly.

I must have left my sense of humor (and my wits) at about the same time
I missed both breakfast AND lunch. Sorry guys. Let's just all pretend
that didn't just happen, ok?

no no no you are spoiling all the fun.

When I was teaching a co-teacher and I would take turns being the "slow"
student - the one who needed things explained (no I am NOT call you slow).
That allowed us to exagerate and explain and correct without ever putting
our student's egos on the line.

Taking or pretending to take some things as real can result in useful
teaching.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old January 14th 05, 09:53 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Tara wrote:
http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

The description of kitty behavior was right on the money, so to speak. It's way
too early to say that Little Smasher won't end up just like Dead Smasher in so
far as behavior is concerned. It's just way too early. In the meanwhile,
Little Smasher needs to be socialized.

I'm curious how little Smasher was weaned.... since he has no mother. How is
Little Smasher supposed to learn kitty manners?

On an unrelated note, I'm glad the owner spent $50 grand getting an education.
It sounds like she needed one badly. Who lets a cat get up to 28 lbs? It's no
wonder the original cat is dead.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Old January 14th 05, 09:54 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

culprit wrote:
"Tara" wrote in message
http://www.satirium.com/pages/vol6/clonedcat.html

She adopted the cat at age 5 and expects the young kitten to act just
like the cat she cloned. Now she not only wants her money back, but she
wants them to take back the kitten she hired them to bring into this
world.

(tara... that is a satire page. i don't think the article is real)

Damn. It's not even 0400... cut me some slack.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN