Contact information for Cookeville City police/dog-butchering department, and other municipal agencies; make your outrage count!

Old January 14th 05, 04:18 AM

Default Contact information for Cookeville City police/dog-butchering department, and other municipal agencies; make your outrage count!

lid wrote:
I posted this in the morning to the General forums at

www.cookeville.com;

Here are the government phone numbers to express outrage about the

Dog
Killer!
The websites for Cookeville's government offices, linked on the front

page of this site, are down. That seems a bit TOO convenient for my

tastes.

Therefore, unless one lives in Cookeville and has access to a local
phone book, it would be difficult to find just where to express

outrage
over this event

However, a web search revealed the following useful numbers;

First, here's Eric "I've got a badge so watch out!!" Hall's info at

the
Police Department. He works for the "Family Protection Unit", what a
joke; Everyone should call and let this unrepentant, heartless bully
know what Americans think of dog-killing fascists like him;

Family Protection Unit

Sergeant Yvette Demming - Supervisor
931-520-5372

Officer Eric Hall
931-520-5318

Here's the Mayor's office

Cookville City Mayor
45 E Broad St, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 520-5241

And the County Executive; DEMAND, not ask, that this menace to

society
be fired at once.

Putnam County Executive
300 E Spring St # 8, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 526-2161

Here's some other miscellaneous numbers;

Cookville City Manager
45 E Broad St, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 520-5240

Cookville Police Chief
10 E Broad St, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 520-5266

Humane Society Of Putnam Cnty
2105 W Jackson St, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 526-3647

Here's the city accounts payable office. Somebody should call them

and
ask how much they plan to compensate the Smoaks for their dog!

Cookeville City Accnts Payable
45 E Broad St, Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: (931) 520-5290

Old January 14th 05, 04:25 AM

[]
I wrote to Google about this nasty business of allowing
people to follow-up very old articles and got a rather
weasely "Your input is very important to us" message back,
but it did include a pointer to
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py . For
those who are interested in contacting them about the recent
avalanche of ancient message follow-ups.

Fibbers' forecasts are worthless
Old January 14th 05, 05:33 PM

antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com wrote:
What newsreader(s) will provide the date of the original posting?
This is not available in Agent.

If you go back to the original article you can see the date
in the headers. If the article is so old that it's expired,
as so many of them have, you can find the original on Google
by going to their advanced search page and searching on the
original message-ID (it'll be the first one in the

This has been an awful lot like when Delphi first got a
Usenet feed and whichever newsgroup was first in
alphabetical order (wish I could remember which it was) was
inundated with "HEY CAN ANYBODY SEE THIS?" posts from Delphi
users.

Fibbers' forecasts are worthless
Old January 17th 05, 08:12 AM
Rocky

antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Matt seems to often call out these old-thread-responses
too.

Often, no, though I have been recently involved in dicussion of
them.

I wondered if there was a super-reader out there (he
uses x-news IIRC) or if he has a memory for this kind of
thing.

In a way. It was an Australian Shepherd post I recalled from
years gone by (and then dejaGoogled). I tend to remember some
posts forever, as does anyone with specific interests.

Anyway, this is the last time you and I will talk about non-dog
issues, since I generally like to be totally on-topic with non-
archivers.