Dachshund

Old January 14th 05, 11:53 PM
Bekki Wilkins

Default Dachshund

Does anyone know anything about their behavior? Mine is outrageous. Please
no joke posts. I am serious.

--
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=k8beljspxq7cl

Old January 15th 05, 12:40 AM
Tee

"Bekki Wilkins" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone know anything about their behavior? Mine is outrageous. Please
no joke posts. I am serious.

What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

--
Tara

Old January 15th 05, 12:41 AM

Tee wrote:
What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

25 cents on "peeing everywhere."

Fibbers' forecasts are worthless
Old January 15th 05, 02:37 AM
Tee

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Tee wrote:
What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

25 cents on "peeing everywhere."

Oh, I don't know. Min. Dachshunds, specifically males, are notoriously
arrogant, obnoxious, *stubborn* little dogs that have a remarkable tendency
for behavior that is best described as spiteful (yes, I know the general
consensus on the latter).

--
Tara

Old January 16th 05, 11:53 PM
sighthounds & siberians

Tee wrote:
What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

25 cents on "peeing everywhere."

Oh, I don't know. Min. Dachshunds, specifically males, are notoriously
arrogant, obnoxious, *stubborn* little dogs that have a remarkable tendency
for behavior that is best described as spiteful (yes, I know the general
consensus on the latter).

I may have mentioned that we have a friend staying here while her
divorce is pending. She has a male miniature Dachshund who has taken
a sort of dislike to Mukluk, a male rank-climber Siberian. Raisin
runs up to him with his hackles all up, barking and carrying on, and
actually snapping at his heels a couple of times. Interesting breed.

Mustang Sally

Old January 17th 05, 12:19 AM
Tee

Tee wrote:
What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

25 cents on "peeing everywhere."

Oh, I don't know. Min. Dachshunds, specifically males, are notoriously
arrogant, obnoxious, *stubborn* little dogs that have a remarkable
tendency
for behavior that is best described as spiteful (yes, I know the general
consensus on the latter).

I may have mentioned that we have a friend staying here while her
divorce is pending. She has a male miniature Dachshund who has taken
a sort of dislike to Mukluk, a male rank-climber Siberian. Raisin
runs up to him with his hackles all up, barking and carrying on, and
actually snapping at his heels a couple of times. Interesting breed.

They are fearless to the point of being their own worst enemy. I have yet
to bring a Boxer into this house who hasn't been terrified of Pebbles. She
will bite their legs, feet and go for their face with teeth bared if they
tick her off. Boxers, being a very goofy & clumsy breed, tend to tick her
off quite often because she doesn't like other dogs getting in her personal
space. Its really pretty funny to see a 60lb Boxer laying down the most
pitiful pout on its face staring at the little dog who just waltzed up and
stole a pig ear. None will dare to try and retrieve what's rightfully
there's from her.

--
Tara

Old January 17th 05, 03:23 PM
Tee

From: "Tee"
Date: 1/16/2005 7:19 PM Eastern Standard Time

Its really pretty funny to see a 60lb Boxer laying down the most
pitiful pout on its face staring at the little dog who just waltzed up and
stole a pig ear. None will dare to try and retrieve what's rightfully
there's from her.

We have Emma, the Dachsie rescue who is getting up there in age these days
(very gray this past year!) and I'm convinced that she was sent to our
home to
keep me humble. After the Aussies and BCs, which really do take little
effort,
they are so focused and eager to please, it's odd to have a dog that cares
so
little about what _anyone thinks. I call her the "dog in a cat suit" dog.

LOL. People think I'm insane when I talk about how independent and totally
uncaring of human opinion this breed is. The standard advice of "do this
because the dog will want to please you & will therefore obey" just doesn't
apply to Min. Dachshunds. They really *don't* care about anyone or anything
but themselves & their own desires.

Pebbles is wonderful, she appreciates us & certainly enjoys attention (used
to be on her terms only but she's softened with age in that regard) but I
don't kid myself into thinking she needs us for anything more than food &
water. She's the polar opposite in temperament, behavior, needs & training
techniques than Boxers. With the latter they are like perpetual 2yo human
children and you have to pay attention to them. They also want the
attention so there is a marked give & take there. With Pebbles that's not
the case.

--
Tara

Old January 17th 05, 05:52 PM
sighthounds & siberians

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:19:59 -0500, "Tee"
wrote:

.. .

Tee wrote:
What behavior specifically are you referring to as outrageous?

25 cents on "peeing everywhere."

Oh, I don't know. Min. Dachshunds, specifically males, are notoriously
arrogant, obnoxious, *stubborn* little dogs that have a remarkable
tendency
for behavior that is best described as spiteful (yes, I know the general
consensus on the latter).

I may have mentioned that we have a friend staying here while her
divorce is pending. She has a male miniature Dachshund who has taken
a sort of dislike to Mukluk, a male rank-climber Siberian. Raisin
runs up to him with his hackles all up, barking and carrying on, and
actually snapping at his heels a couple of times. Interesting breed.

They are fearless to the point of being their own worst enemy.

That describes Raisin very well.

I have yet
to bring a Boxer into this house who hasn't been terrified of Pebbles. She
will bite their legs, feet and go for their face with teeth bared if they
tick her off. Boxers, being a very goofy & clumsy breed, tend to tick her
off quite often because she doesn't like other dogs getting in her personal
space. Its really pretty funny to see a 60lb Boxer laying down the most
pitiful pout on its face staring at the little dog who just waltzed up and
stole a pig ear. None will dare to try and retrieve what's rightfully
there's from her.

My favorite is watching this short little dog hop up on dog beds. We
have a mattress-type bed in our bedroom, and he loves to roll on it,
but he has to jump up on it. All my other dogs have legs of normal or
long length, so I forget just how short his legs are. He needs a
running start to come up the shallow back steps.

Mustang Sally