Car sickness

Old January 5th 05, 03:38 AM
Kayla

Default Car sickness

My 8 month old sheltie gets car sick everytime she goes with me for
any length of time. Very short trips are okay but usually anything
longer than 1/2 an hour will bring on the vomitting. Is there
anything I can give her besides anti nausea pills?

Lori
Old January 5th 05, 04:17 AM
Rocky

Kayla said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Is there
anything I can give her besides anti nausea pills?

Ginger is good with mild cases of nausea - try giving her a
ginger snap cookie.

Old January 5th 05, 08:04 AM
Marshall Dermer

In article Kayla writes:
My 8 month old sheltie gets car sick everytime she goes with me for
any length of time. Very short trips are okay but usually anything
longer than 1/2 an hour will bring on the vomitting. Is there
anything I can give her besides anti nausea pills?

Lori

Well, does she vomit if she can see out a window?

--Marshall
Old January 5th 05, 07:42 PM
Kayla

She could see out the window if she wants to but she usually lays in
the back seat while I'm driving. I don't know what she was doing
prior to vomiting and I realize she has vomitted when I hear her
cleaning up the mess

Old January 6th 05, 12:19 AM
dogcookielady

"Kayla" wrote in message
My 8 month old sheltie gets car sick everytime she goes with me for
any length of time. Very short trips are okay but usually anything
longer than 1/2 an hour will bring on the vomitting. Is there
anything I can give her besides anti nausea pills?

Lori

Catnip is great for settling tummies. For convenience you could make small
treats that incorporate catnip. I use unsweetened dried papaya with dried
catnip, flax seeds, bran and raw honey. Can't give amounts as it's one of
my protected business recipes, but you can easily make up a little treat
that will be delicious and great for her tummy. Mine isn't cooked, just a
little soft canine candy.

Best wishes,
Annette

stop baking before you reply