Dobe agility runs

Old January 7th 05, 08:39 PM
Robin Nuttall

Default Dobe agility runs

I finally have figured out how to get a few runs from a DVD onto the
web. I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm using Nero to do it, and
for some reason the quality at the end of both of the snips really
deteriorates. Suggestions on good conversion and compression programs
very welcome!

http://www.ddgraphix.com/agileruns.html

Right now I just have one of each dog. Enjoy. You can hear Cala's famous
yodel starting about halfway through her run, and see Viva's table issue...

One run qualified, one did not, neither should have...the run that Qd
gave Viva her MX.

Old January 7th 05, 09:44 PM
KWBrown

Robin Nuttall wrote in news:CzBDd.28462$wu4.9849
@attbi_s52:

One run qualified, one did not, neither should have...the run that Qd
gave Viva her MX.

Oh, those wascawwy down-contacts!

Did Viva's elbows *ever* touch that table?

:-)

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old January 7th 05, 09:53 PM
Christy

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

One run qualified, one did not, neither should have...the run that Qd
gave Viva her MX.

Dogwalk contact?? Its too grainy to be sure but that's the only thing I saw
that looked iffy - looked like her hind feet were above the yellow. The rest
of the run looked nice, little wide before the a-frame as seemed to be on
the wrong lead, but that course seemed very tight. I'm not used to agility
indoors - it just looks odd and cramped to have walls everywhere.
Cala is a ball of fire. Her weaves are stunning, and you can't tell there's
an off-course in the video, as she's sailing over what appears to be a
logical sequence of jumps. She must be very fun to run. The turn in after
the weaves is *very* familiar to me - I usually don't get it there, as
Wylie's weaves aren't so fast that I can't catch up (and we only see 12 now)
but I often get it when I'm too far behind elsewhere on a course, and often
at the last obstacle.

Christy

Old January 7th 05, 10:14 PM
Robin Nuttall

KWBrown wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote in news:CzBDd.28462$wu4.9849
@attbi_s52:

One run qualified, one did not, neither should have...the run that Qd
gave Viva her MX.

Oh, those wascawwy down-contacts!

Viva has gotten away with **three** missed dogwalk contacts this year. I
can't figure it out. to me it's blatantly obvious that she's not.not.not
in the contact!

Did Viva's elbows *ever* touch that table?

elbows? I hope not since it was a sit. Her butt never sits on the
table--a lot of dogs sit this way, you just don't see it because they
have hair. Once I get her in a sit she generally gets a full count, but
she always barks like that--very annoying!

Old January 7th 05, 10:18 PM
Robin Nuttall

Christy wrote:

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

One run qualified, one did not, neither should have...the run that Qd
gave Viva her MX.

Dogwalk contact?? Its too grainy to be sure but that's the only thing I saw
that looked iffy - looked like her hind feet were above the yellow.

Hind feet can be above the yellow. At least one foot should be in
though--and none of hers were. I felt better when I finally got another
Q on a Standard course, a legitimate one.

The rest
of the run looked nice, little wide before the a-frame as seemed to be on
the wrong lead, but that course seemed very tight.

Good observation! The dog needed to be on the left lead going around
that 180 after the teeter, but then she needed to switch again to go to
the aframe. It was awkward, but many teams didn't make it at all.

I'm not used to agility
indoors - it just looks odd and cramped to have walls everywhere.

This is a narrow, long arena. Yes, it was fairly cramped but the judge
did a pretty good job given the space alloted. Lots of pinwheels in
corners though.

Cala is a ball of fire. Her weaves are stunning, and you can't tell there's
an off-course in the video, as she's sailing over what appears to be a
logical sequence of jumps. She must be very fun to run. The turn in after
the weaves is *very* familiar to me - I usually don't get it there, as
Wylie's weaves aren't so fast that I can't catch up (and we only see 12 now)
but I often get it when I'm too far behind elsewhere on a course, and often
at the last obstacle.

Cala's now better, but it's going to take more work. Thanks for the
comments!

Old January 7th 05, 10:29 PM
KWBrown

Robin Nuttall wrote in news:MYCDd.28508$wu4.21291
@attbi_s52:

Did Viva's elbows *ever* touch that table?

elbows? I hope not since it was a sit. Her butt never sits on the
table--a lot of dogs sit this way, you just don't see it because they
have hair. Once I get her in a sit she generally gets a full count, but
she always barks like that--very annoying!

Ooooh.

I assumed you were using a down-table. Silly me.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old January 7th 05, 10:40 PM
Christy

Hind feet can be above the yellow.

Right, I mean, she had her front feet completely off and hind feet briefly
stopped in the blue, so nothing in the yellow. It was close, though!

Good observation! The dog needed to be on the left lead going around
that 180 after the teeter, but then she needed to switch again to go to
the aframe. It was awkward, but many teams didn't make it at all.

Very awkward, and easier for small dogs as there would be more room to land,
then switch leads to turn. I'm paying a lot of attention to leads these days
as the courses I'm seeing are having a lot of those type of turns.

Christy

Old January 7th 05, 11:17 PM
Robin Nuttall

Christy wrote:

Very awkward, and easier for small dogs as there would be more room to land,
then switch leads to turn. I'm paying a lot of attention to leads these days
as the courses I'm seeing are having a lot of those type of turns.

I'm just putting a couple more up--check out the Viva ExJww run. Now
that was a tough course--not my kind of thing, I like courses with more
flow.

Old January 8th 05, 12:08 AM
Christy

I'm just putting a couple more up--check out the Viva ExJww run. Now
that was a tough course--not my kind of thing, I like courses with more
flow.

That didn't look fun. While I dont mind reasonably tight JWW courses, as a
shorter handler path is beneficial to me, I don't like choppy and awkward.
The weave entry issue is one I struggle with - I am constantly reminding
myself that I don't need to race Wylie to the weaves and to let him find the
entry without pressure from me. If I remember in time, it usually works,
especially off-side which is easiest for us.

Christy

Old January 8th 05, 02:16 AM
Robin Nuttall

Christy wrote:
"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

I'm just putting a couple more up--check out the Viva ExJww run. Now
that was a tough course--not my kind of thing, I like courses with more
flow.

That didn't look fun. While I dont mind reasonably tight JWW courses, as a
shorter handler path is beneficial to me, I don't like choppy and awkward.
The weave entry issue is one I struggle with - I am constantly reminding
myself that I don't need to race Wylie to the weaves and to let him find the
entry without pressure from me. If I remember in time, it usually works,
especially off-side which is easiest for us.

Viva is generally *very* good at weaves, and she never misses offside.
Well, that was the one and only time last year. Onside I have to be just
a hair more careful about, but weaves are something I'm proud of with
both girls.