Siberian Husky

Old January 9th 05, 06:29 PM
William

Default Siberian Husky

We have a Male Siberian Husky named Duggo who was an escape artist
before we ever laid eyes on him. I must first say that Siberians are
not house dogs, they require (demand) outside time and most importantly
need as much exercise as you can give. Not just a walk to relieve
themselves (as they do not want to make a bathroom of their pen or
yard). This breed can be satisfied with a good hour walk in the
morning and the same at night. If you take on this breed and give it
the proper exercise you will not have
near the problems of wanderlust. This animal must be allowed to
explore and exercise its muscles or anxiety and boredom will make
enemies of dog and master.
Our dog Duggo had 3 owners in the short 1 1/2 years of his life before
we adopted him (yes Duggo is his 4th name). The Siberian rescue member
who brought him to us produced records from the animal shelter
describing his escape prowess. Two previous owners could not contain
him and both gave up. He was about to be put down, his history
convincing other prospective adopters from taking him home. The rescue
"Lady" was called and she kept him for 3 months but her male Siberian
would not accept him. She interviewed us 2 times before allowing him
to stay with us but we were not prepared for the determination this
amazing dog would show. He was a captive animal for 2 years (and many
exhausting chases) before he could be trusted off leash. I've met
other Siberian owners who marvel at our ability to let him free in
parks and wild land areas, I belive the key is plenty of exercise.
Duggo is a determined hunter of all creatures wild (even livestock),
never trust your Siberian around non canine animals, about the only
animal he doesn't look upon as prey are horses. He is good with
children but I would not let him alone with toddlers. After his
morning walk he is content to relax in his yard where he prefers to be
over the indoors. He only relieves himself during walks and only
chooses to eat directly after the walk. He makes a nest on his bed in
the house at night and doesn't stir till morning waiting patiently
until his next outdoor adventure is at hand.
This dog takes a great deal of care but if you treat them right you
will enjoy them much more as they allow you to believe they are your
posession.

Old January 9th 05, 06:40 PM

In article .com,
William wrote:
We have a Male Siberian Husky

The post you're responding to is 5 1/2 years old.

The long-term cost of the Bush tax cuts is 5 times the estimated
Social Security deficit over the next 75 years