dog eats things

Old January 10th 05, 11:44 PM

Default dog eats things

alright, this is going to be posted in the health section because it
just can't be healthy. I have a 7(8?) month old puppy named Ginger
that is a mutt (she may have some rotweiller/boxer in her). Well
anyways, she likes to eat things. She had blankets in her crate and
she ATE them. She pooped them out for like a week, very disgusting.
She also ate some of the plastic mat thats at the bottom of her crate,
so thats not there any more either. Also, she eats
nylabones(industructable?!) like they're biscuits and she recently(2
weeks ago) ate a big tarp of plastic with all kinds of paint and
sawdust on it. Here is my real concern, yesterday, she ate her leash.
Thats right, her nylon leash, well most of it anyway. She left the
part that was attached to her alone, she ate about 5ft of the 6ft nylon
(pretty thick) leash -its just gone. Now here is my question...will
she be ok? We love her to death(no pun intended) and don't want
anything to happen to her. She only had her leash for like 20 minutes,
I think she is a mutant of some sort...born in radioactive ooze like
the ninja turtles or something. Any ways, if anybody has any ideas on
how we can prevent her from eating things in the future, I'd appreciate
it. I'd also like to know if she's in too much danger from eating all
this non-digestive stuff.

Thanks in advance...

Old January 10th 05, 11:59 PM
Sharon too

Here is my real concern, yesterday, she ate her leash.
Thats right, her nylon leash, well most of it anyway. She left the
part that was attached to her alone, she ate about 5ft of the 6ft nylon
(pretty thick) leash -its just gone.

Something like that can cause major damage to the digestive tract such as
causing the tissues of the intestines to become strangulate and die. She
needs to be x-rayed to see where it is. It might be able to be retrieved non
surgically with an endoscope, but after this much time it's doubtful.

Get this taken care of, then ask the vet for ideas to keep her occupied. She
obviously has to be supervised. Hopefully folks here will have some great
ideas in that department, and I look forward to that.

-Sharon

Dog Eats Bird? Child Dog behavior 3 June 17th 04 03:22 AM
Dog Eats Bird? Child Dog behavior 0 June 17th 04 12:12 AM
My dog eats too fast... Edward Holub Dog behavior 0 May 5th 04 01:19 AM