Name da Breed:

Old January 8th 05, 11:43 PM

Default Name da Breed:

This is my favorite shelter dog so far:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/GSD%20Favorite/

The picture isn't all that great. Sorry.
You think this is a GSD x ??
Weighs about 40lbs.

~Q

Old January 9th 05, 12:21 AM
Bear

This is my favorite shelter dog so far:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/GSD%20Favorite/

The picture isn't all that great. Sorry.
You think this is a GSD x ??
Weighs about 40lbs.

~Q

Plott? They're brindle. I'm not sure of the GSD though, maybe lab? Hound?
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm

Old January 9th 05, 12:27 AM
Bear

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/plotthound.htm

Old January 9th 05, 12:31 AM

"Bear" wrote in message
This is my favorite shelter dog so far:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rcbyr/GSD%20Favorite/

The picture isn't all that great. Sorry.
You think this is a GSD x ??
Weighs about 40lbs.

~Q

Plott? They're brindle. I'm not sure of the GSD though, maybe lab? Hound?
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm

A brindle plot is a creative suggestion!!
There really is no GSD. Probably lab though.
Hopefully no pit. Geez.
~Q

Old January 9th 05, 01:44 AM
culprit

"Q" wrote in message
m...
A brindle plot is a creative suggestion!!
There really is no GSD. Probably lab though.
Hopefully no pit. Geez.

based on the UKC standard, she doesn't look full plott to me. maybe a mix.
you could always say she's a plott lab mix. :-)

http://www.treehound.com/treehound/html/plott.html

does she howl? bay? bark? or is she quiet? hounds make noise. pits are
much quieter (unless they're playing, then they growl and whine).

-kelly

Old January 9th 05, 07:15 AM
Bear

A brindle plot is a creative suggestion!!
There really is no GSD. Probably lab though.
Hopefully no pit. Geez.

based on the UKC standard, she doesn't look full plott to me. maybe a
mix. you could always say she's a plott lab mix. :-)

http://www.treehound.com/treehound/html/plott.html

does she howl? bay? bark? or is she quiet? hounds make noise. pits
are much quieter (unless they're playing, then they growl and whine).

A lot of Plotts don't conform to standards. Some coon dogs are bred smaller
because they are more agile. Plotts have a little different bay than most
hounds. It is sharper and higher.