I'm a new dalmation owner!!

Old January 17th 05, 05:56 AM
HVBaird

Default I'm a new dalmation owner!!

Our recent addition to the family seems to be settling in great and the
family loves him, but today he has been really quiet, stayed in his bed
most of the time and just seems depressed...is this normal? If so, how can
we overcome it?
Also, while we were bathing him we noticed some lumps on the surface of
his skin that we hadn't notice on any other dogs we have previously
owned...is this something be concerned about or are they naturally a lumpy
breed??!! These lumps are along his back and are soft, almost fatty-like,
and he doesn't seem bothered by them...just curious about this one.
Thank you!

Old January 17th 05, 02:46 PM
Diana

"HVBaird" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Our recent addition to the family seems to be settling in great and the
family loves him, but today he has been really quiet, stayed in his bed
most of the time and just seems depressed...is this normal? If so, how can
we overcome it?
Also, while we were bathing him we noticed some lumps on the surface of
his skin that we hadn't notice on any other dogs we have previously
owned...is this something be concerned about or are they naturally a lumpy
breed??!! These lumps are along his back and are soft, almost fatty-like,
and he doesn't seem bothered by them...just curious about this one.
Thank you!

No, he shouldn't have lumps or be particularly quiet - I'd get him a vet
appointment, if he's a puppy I would make that sooner rather than later.

Diana