Puppy Wants to Eat Her Poop

Old January 20th 05, 04:11 AM
Angel Rose

Default Puppy Wants to Eat Her Poop

My Sheltie / American Eskimo mix use to eat her poop when I first got
her. She was 6 months old and malnurished. She came from a very bad
situation. ( I take in abused and neglected animals and rehabilitate
them and try to find them new loving homes....after 1 year if they don't
have a new loving family they stay part of my family)

I made sure she was fed well and had tons of affection. I also then
sprayed bitter apple on her poop after she did her business. She tried
a few times to pick it up, but would drop it right away due to the
taste.

She is now 4 years old and has only ate her poop once since then.

My parents German Shepherd did the same thing as a puppy and the vets
told them she was malnurished. She also had stomach problems. She did
the same thing I did and it worked for her as well.

I hope this helps alittle.

Laurie

~A dog has a very short life. Their only fault, really~