update - Pom with charlie horse or jt subluxion

Old October 31st 03, 08:59 AM
Sunni12

Default update - Pom with charlie horse or jt subluxion

Princess had her vet visit today. It turns out that the vet thinks it is a
herniated disc in her neck. She will be on Prednisone for 3 weeks, and is
switched to a harness from a collar. If that doesn't work, he will xray and
surgery could be down the road.

VENT:
We just adopted her from a local shelter 3 weeks ago. We knew she had a problem
as her front legged was giving her pain. We didn't (and still don't) see that
as an obstacle for adopting her. The adoption fee included a vet visit. We took
her to a vet on the shelter list (not our usual vet), and told her about the
leg and that the prev owner said she had arthritis. She just looked at it and
said it wasn't arthritis - give her 1/4 baby aspirin. Over the next 2 weeks we
tried the baby aspirin, doggy aspirin and infant IB prifen drops. The drops
gave her some relief,but wasn't solving the problem. As soon as we described
the problem to our reg vet - he started describing the rest of her symptoms to
me! The first vet had to have known or suspected the problem. I really think
she thought if she told me, I'd return dog to shelter (way off on this one) If
she would have told me - Princess could have started treatment 2 weeks sooner.
I am soooooooo angry about this.

2nd vent - My Princess is a barker. I sincerely think she got the neck problem
because someone got to rough with her to stop the barking. She is only 5 lbs. I
also think that the possibility she would need surgery is why she was in the
shelter. This makes me very angry that someone treated her like this.

By the way, if she needs surg, she will have it. It may have to wait until tax
refund is received, but her surg will be priority.

-sunny