OFA Web Update--Now add a picture to your record!

Old January 20th 05, 07:27 PM
Robin Nuttall

Default OFA Web Update--Now add a picture to your record!

After a lot of testing and work, as of today you can now add a photo to
your dog's OFA record, to display with his or her test results on the
OFA website. So now people can view the records *and* see your dog! For
an example, click he

http://www.offa.org/display.html?appnum=1108892#animal

There is a $10 charge for this service, but 100% of revenues collected
will be donated to the AKC Canine Health Foundation. Also, in 2005 the
AKC CHF has a matching funds program, so your $10 donation will become a
$20 donation.

For more information about the new program and to submit a photo, go he

http://www.offa.org/Likeness.html

Please note that copyright rules on photos apply. You do need permission
from the photographer to insert a photo. All photos are also reviewed
before posting, to verify they are the dog represented and to make sure
they are in good taste. The OFA reserves the right to reject any photo.

Still, I think this is way cool and can't wait to see more dogs on the site!

Old January 20th 05, 09:06 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
After a lot of testing and work, as of today you can now add a photo to
your dog's OFA record, to display with his or her test results on the
OFA website. So now people can view the records *and* see your dog!

Hey, that is pretty cool, and how timely!
Bodhi just went in for his hips & elbow rads this morning.

There is a $10 charge for this service, but 100% of revenues collected
will be donated to the AKC Canine Health Foundation. Also, in 2005 the

AKC CHF has a matching funds program, so your $10 donation will become a
$20 donation.

Very cool stuff, Robin, thanks for sharing!
Shelly & The Boys

Old January 20th 05, 09:11 PM
Robin Nuttall

Darby Wiggins wrote:
Robin, is that your Dobie? very pretty either way

Well yeah, like I'd put somebody else's dog on her record???

Old January 20th 05, 09:18 PM
Darby Wiggins

I didn't look at it all that close...just the picture (so if your name was
there, I didn't see it) and secondly, I wasn't sure if it was a demo.
Darby

Old January 21st 05, 02:47 AM
Robin Nuttall

Darby Wiggins wrote:
I didn't look at it all that close...just the picture (so if your name was
there, I didn't see it) and secondly, I wasn't sure if it was a demo.
Darby

Owner names are never on OFA records. Just the dog name. So any photo
associated with it should be of the dog, and the OFA does check. It just
so happened that I have the 2nd and 3rd dogs to ever get their photos
in--right behind Eddie Dziuk who is the CEO. We did test the system with
my photos, but they really are my dogs!

Old January 21st 05, 03:54 AM
culprit

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
After a lot of testing and work, as of today you can now add a photo to
your dog's OFA record, to display with his or her test results on the OFA
website. So now people can view the records *and* see your dog! For an
example, click he

that's an excellent picture. what's the part about "Doberman Temperament"?

-kelly

Old January 21st 05, 04:26 AM
Robin Nuttall

culprit wrote:
"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

After a lot of testing and work, as of today you can now add a photo to
your dog's OFA record, to display with his or her test results on the OFA
website. So now people can view the records *and* see your dog! For an
example, click he

that's an excellent picture. what's the part about "Doberman Temperament"?

Photo by my friend Cindy Noland, www.nolanddogart.com. She's doing a
lot of agility trial photography now and she's very, very good. anywhere
in the Ohio/PA, etc. area, look her up. That photo was taken when Cala
was just over a year, in the flower field by Purina Farms. As you can
tell, Cindy is a genius at capturing expression, though a photo that is
LESS like the real dog I have yet to see--she looks so lovely and sweet
there!

Doberman Temperament means that she's been tested and has passed the
Working Aptitude Evaluation (WAE). It's the test the ATTS TT was based
on. Scoring is different and the unfriendly stranger portion of the test
is much, much stronger than the ATTS. We get to list it in OFA because
it's part of the CHIC requirements for the breed (www.caninehealthinfo.org).

Old January 21st 05, 04:37 AM
culprit

Doberman Temperament means that she's been tested and has passed the
Working Aptitude Evaluation (WAE). It's the test the ATTS TT was based on.
Scoring is different and the unfriendly stranger portion of the test is
much, much stronger than the ATTS. We get to list it in OFA because it's
part of the CHIC requirements for the breed (www.caninehealthinfo.org).

wow, that makes a lot of sense for a guarding type breed. thanks for
educating me.

-kelly