Need Advise: Odd nodule in mouth

Old December 15th 03, 04:48 PM
JM

Default Need Advise: Odd nodule in mouth

My 2 yr old Alaskan Malamute has 3 nodules in his mouth on the inside of
his lips. THey are white and are about the size of barley except round
in shape. They are raised and slightly pink with white specs on top.

My vet recommended that they be removed but admitted that he hasn't seen
these. I am thinking that he contracted papilloma virus at the dog kennel and
will go away on their own. I will get a second opinion, but any help
from the group here would be greatly apprecited.

Here is a pic, but it's kinda blurry:
http://www.geocities.com/blitzpaint/sore2.JPG

Thanx -JM

Old December 15th 03, 05:02 PM
Suja

JM wrote:

Here is a pic, but it's kinda blurry:
http://www.geocities.com/blitzpaint/sore2.JPG

That looks an *awful* lot like the wart that Khan had on his lips. We
were considering removing it if it had become any bigger, but just as
suddenly as it appeared, it disappeared. My friend's Great Dane also
had these, and they went away without any intervention as well.

Suja

Old December 15th 03, 06:56 PM
JM

Suja wrote:
That looks an *awful* lot like the wart that Khan had on his lips. We
were considering removing it if it had become any bigger, but just as
suddenly as it appeared, it disappeared. My friend's Great Dane also
had these, and they went away without any intervention as well.

Suja

Thanks Suja. Did he get it within weeks of socializing with other dogs?

Jayne

Old December 15th 03, 07:55 PM
Suja

JM wrote:

Thanks Suja. Did he get it within weeks of socializing with other dogs?

He had been going to the dog park for at least two years before he got
it. But, it is transmitted from dog to dog (but not dog to human), so
he may have contracted it from one of his doggie friends. I think there
was some compounding illness that may have helped the pesky little
viruses along.

Suja

Old December 15th 03, 10:02 PM
buglady

"JM" wrote in message ...
My 2 yr old Alaskan Malamute has 3 nodules in his mouth on the inside of
his lips. THey are white and are about the size of barley except round
in shape. They are raised and slightly pink with white specs on top.

My vet recommended that they be removed but admitted that he hasn't seen
these. I am thinking that he contracted papilloma virus at the dog kennel

and
will go away on their own. I will get a second opinion, but any help
from the group here would be greatly apprecited.

........Maybe try some colloidal silver topically?
http://www.nutritionfarm.com/message...nine_warts.htm

http://members.shaw.ca/virology/papillomavirus.htm

Hillary's notes on papillomas - interesting that if you have multiple
nodules, you can remove a couple and the rest will regress:
http://www.hillary.net/school/fall.9...2.lec.09.10.98

From all indications these warts disappear and then the dog is immune to
getting more - consider it a childhood disease!
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00486.htm

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old December 15th 03, 10:02 PM
buglady

"JM" wrote in message ...
My 2 yr old Alaskan Malamute has 3 nodules in his mouth on the inside of
his lips. THey are white and are about the size of barley except round
in shape. They are raised and slightly pink with white specs on top.

My vet recommended that they be removed but admitted that he hasn't seen
these. I am thinking that he contracted papilloma virus at the dog kennel

and
will go away on their own. I will get a second opinion, but any help
from the group here would be greatly apprecited.

........Maybe try some colloidal silver topically?
http://www.nutritionfarm.com/message...nine_warts.htm

http://members.shaw.ca/virology/papillomavirus.htm

Hillary's notes on papillomas - interesting that if you have multiple
nodules, you can remove a couple and the rest will regress:
http://www.hillary.net/school/fall.9...2.lec.09.10.98

From all indications these warts disappear and then the dog is immune to
getting more - consider it a childhood disease!
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00486.htm

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Dog sprayed in mouth by a skunk C G Dog health 4 August 21st 03 03:49 AM
Dog sprayed in mouth by a skunk C G Dog health 0 August 19th 03 03:24 AM
MOUTH GROWTH jokerpit Dog health 4 July 25th 03 07:36 PM
MOUTH GROWTH jokerpit Dog health 0 July 24th 03 06:07 PM
Chihuahuas vs. Papillons - Please Advise sophie Dog breeds 2 July 3rd 03 07:21 PM