Best Dry Dog Food!

Old January 22nd 05, 04:04 PM

Default Best Dry Dog Food!

For those still searching!
I've researched and tried almost every decent dog food out there and
finally found one with top shelf ingredients that my dogs absolutely
love

Wellness Super5Mix Chicken

*The stores that carry Wellness usually offer free samples and there is
a store locator tool on the web site.

http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com

Here's the ingredient list

Deboned Chicken, Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Rye Flour, Menhaden Fish Meal,
Whitefish, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Millet, Canola Oil (preserved with
mixed tocopherols), Flaxseed, Amaranth, Peas, Carrots, Whole Sweet
Potatoes, Whole Apples, Whole Blueberries, Whole Clove Garlic, Alfalfa
Leaf, Yucca Schidigera, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium,
Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Inulin, Fructose,
Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, Potassium Chloride,
Zinc Proteinate (a chelated source of Zinc), Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc
Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate (a chelated source of
Copper), Copper Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Sulfate,
Manganese Proteinate ( a chelated source of Manganese), Sodium
Selenite, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin
Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Vitamin D-3
Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:13 AM
culprit

wrote in message
oups.com...
For those still searching!
I've researched and tried almost every decent dog food out there and
finally found one with top shelf ingredients that my dogs absolutely
love

Wellness Super5Mix Chicken

my dogs like it too, but it makes Lola's poop all runny.

-kelly

Old January 24th 05, 03:41 PM
Maggie N Shadow

My dogs like it too and their really showing the signs of having a
healthy diet, but this is the first food I have seen that they eat it
intermittently.

For example, Maggie the 90lb GSP/Lab didn't eat it at all yesterday.
Shadow, Dax/Chow/Lab, ate last night but not this morning. We don't let
them graze at any old time so they either eat or they don't.

I'm sticking with Wellness because I like the ingredients and what
signs I do see of their heath (fecal, coat, behavior, teeth, etc.), I
think my next option is to find some additives like yogurt or something
to add in to entice them to eat more often.

But, man... when I first opened the bag it reminded me of Tetra fish
food.

Old January 24th 05, 09:04 PM
karldgr4

wrote in message
oups.com...

I've researched and tried almost every decent dog food out there

that poor animal; some one ought to turn you in for torture!!!

Old January 27th 05, 03:04 AM
Cathy

Wellness is a good food but my problem child, a german shepherd, kept
getting anal gland infections. I never imagined it could be the food
because it is a very good, high fiber food. I finally switched him to
Regal Sensi-Bites and he hasn't had any problems since then. Regal is
another good food with a different type of fiber (oat instead of brown
rice) and the really good thing is... it's cheaper than the Wellness.
Every little bit helps!

Old January 27th 05, 04:59 AM
Todd

Have you tried Flint River Ranch yet? I have tried many brands myself
for our giant schnauzer. We stumbled across it through our dog trainer.
I am very happy with the results. There are several varieties. Trout
and Potato, Lamb-Millet-Rice along with chicken based food. It is rated
a "Top 10 ten dog food" by whole dog journal. I can send samples if
interested.

http://www.shopflintriver.com

Good Luck,
Todd