Tough little French dog

Old January 23rd 05, 04:55 PM
Natalie Rigertas

Default Tough little French dog

Melanie L Chang wrote:
We got slammed by snow today in Philadelphia, so of course the dogs and I
had to head out in the middle of the blizzard to play and lose balls in
the snow (Solo's got the world's worst nose and never finds them; Fly
doesn't even notice they're gone). The Border Collies went out in their
birthday suits, and Skeeter in his spiffy plaid wool fuzzy lined horse
blanket coat from Foggy Mountain, but not booties. I haven't been able
to find booties yet that will fit his tiny feet.

What about Muttluks? They have a boot that is called "Itty Bitty" and
it's for Chis and toy poodles. www.muttluk.com, though if you go to
www.kvvet.com you get them cheaper than the muttluk site and you don't
have to give up your SS# for customs. It doesn't show up if you search
the KVvet site, but if you go through apparel you can find it. They have
the winter one (the red ones) and the all weather (the yellow). Through
the muttluk site you can get red, green or all black winter ones, but
right now on the KVvet site they are just offering all black. Another
site, um, Jake's Dog House, i think, something like that has the cheapest
price I've seen for them (26? bucks) but they just had the itty bitty size
and a really large size.

natalie

--

What fresh hell is this?
--- Dorothy Parker
Old January 23rd 05, 05:13 PM

Natalie Rigertas wrote:
Another
site, um, Jake's Dog House, i think, something like that has the cheapest
price I've seen for them (26? bucks) but they just had the itty bitty size
and a really large size.

OUCH!

dogbooties.com has booties in xs sizes and will custom-make
booties for you, as well, and theirs are all under
$2.00/bootie. However, they're mushing-style sack-type
booties, while Muttluks are shaped and have reinforced soles
and are rather heavy-duty.

Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness -- ML King
Old January 23rd 05, 05:46 PM
Chris Jung

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Natalie Rigertas wrote:
Another
site, um, Jake's Dog House, i think, something like that has the cheapest
price I've seen for them (26? bucks) but they just had the itty bitty size
and a really large size.

OUCH!

dogbooties.com has booties in xs sizes and will custom-make
booties for you, as well, and theirs are all under
$2.00/bootie. However, they're mushing-style sack-type
booties, while Muttluks are shaped and have reinforced soles
and are rather heavy-duty.
--

IMHO, I vastly prefer the dogbooties.com's sack type of bootie over
Muttluks. Muttluks are overkill and the extra stuff just gets twisted around

I need to make an order from dogbooties right away. Pablo still has his
booties (well worn and heavily patched but still serviceable) from last year
but Zeffie's old booties are waaaay too big for Lucy-Goose. I suspect this
cold winter snap will last until I receive my order.

Chris and her snoozing smoothies
Pablo and Lucy

Old January 23rd 05, 06:04 PM

Chris Jung wrote:
I need to make an order from dogbooties right away. Pablo still has his
booties (well worn and heavily patched but still serviceable) from last year
but Zeffie's old booties are waaaay too big for Lucy-Goose. I suspect this
cold winter snap will last until I receive my order.

Gack! We know from experience that your dog booties are the
harbingers of mild weather. Get thee hence, evil booties,
and spoil not my way big fun.

Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness -- ML King
Old January 23rd 05, 07:27 PM

Melanie L Chang wrote:
I've tried to contact them four, count 'em, FOUR times to special order
booties (because the smallest size they make normally is twice the size
Skeeter needs) and no answer. Not by phone, and all my emails bounce.
Have you ever had any luck special ordering from them?

I've never ordered from them - I'm fortunate to have dogs
with very good feet (typical of the breed). I do know
people who order from them in bulk (several hundred at a
time - mushers tend to regard booties as disposable) and are
happy with them.

Looking at the ads at sleddogcentral.com, it looks like you
could also try gearfordogs.com, kondosoutdoors.com,
nordkyn.com, and a bunch of other places.

Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness -- ML King
Old January 23rd 05, 08:02 PM
Rocky

Melinda Shore said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

[muttluks]
OUCH!

I bought 2 sets of Muttluks at a going out of business sale for
half price. I don't think that I would have paid full price for
them, though, even though they're really good quality and
probably worth it if my dogs needed booties on a more regular
basis.

Old January 23rd 05, 08:04 PM
Chris Jung

Melanie L Chang wrote:
I've tried to contact them four, count 'em, FOUR times to special order
booties (because the smallest size they make normally is twice the size
Skeeter needs) and no answer. Not by phone, and all my emails bounce.
Have you ever had any luck special ordering from them?

Well I never special ordered from them but I did call them when I was
ordering Pablo's booties last year. I just couldn't get my mind around the
idea that my big tall rangy smooth collie boy wears size S booties (yep he
does - dainty little feet on that dog). The lady who answered was nice,
helpful and even thanked me for interrupting her day with my inane question.

Chris and her winter weenie smoothies
Pablo & Lucy

Old January 24th 05, 07:00 AM
Natalie Rigertas

Rocky wrote:
I bought 2 sets of Muttluks at a going out of business sale for
half price. I don't think that I would have paid full price for
them, though, even though they're really good quality and
probably worth it if my dogs needed booties on a more regular
basis.

*gack*. I think I'm returning these. I was getting them because they
have that sock that goes up the leg, and I want that so my furry boys
don't have snowballs on their legs. I think I might just get some of
these cheap ones and ahve them special make ones with a bit more fabric on
them. I could probably get them all for the price of one pair of
muttluks.

natalie

--

What fresh hell is this?